Tuesday, October 18, 2011

SURPRISE!

Last night, some of my dearest friends here in Turkey threw a surprise baby shower for me. There had been a shower scheduled for me before I left for Germany. But with the early contractions, it had to be cancelled. This was a bummer for me, but there was nothing that could be done about it. It's a third baby, and we had been overly blessed with baby showers for Isaac (seven of them!) and Elijah (a great one with friends). A few of the gals decided I needed one for Abigail though, and they surmised (rightfully so) that if they tried to set one up, I would talk them out of it. So, they came up with a plan.

Tina gave me this invitation:



But she gave everyone else this invitation:

With this note included inside:

I was walking the two blocks to Janet's house when I spotted Linda in her jeep and asked her for a ride. She threw my gift, slyly, in the back seat. We walked in, people yelled "SURPRISE!" They blessed me with an awesome DVD of pictures (I'm trying to load it to youtube) and shared scriptures and encouragement and we had great food. I cried a lot. And I'll upload some pictures from the evening when they get sent to me. Great women. Great gift. Great encouragement. Great friends.

Great surprise.

1 comment:

Emily said...

How sweet!