Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One thing I'll miss ...

... about Turkey is how cheap everything is! I am still not fitting into my old pants and my maternity pants are too big. So I went to get a couple pairs of pants made to get me through until I lose a few more pounds and can fit into my old jeans.

I went to Hatice's sister-in-law's shop. She is off the main stretch of the alley. This brings the price down tremendously as she is not catering to the Americans but serving mostly locals. She made me a pair of jeans and a pair of khaki's for $30 lira each. That's about $15USD! Where else can you get a pair of pants made, especially a pair as long as I need them (37" inseam!) for that? Nice. I'm planning on having a bunch of things made before we leave next summer.

P.S. Could you keep praying for my friend and her unborn baby? The pregnancy is still in question and we need God's arms to continue to shelter the life that grows inside her.

No comments: