Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Some giggles

While practicing his current memory verse, Isaac accidentally said, " ... in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your friends straight." (It's supposed to be paths.)
*****
Whenever the boys talk to Hatice or our gardener Far-ee (I don't know how to spell his name but that's how you pronounce it) I encourage them to speak in Turkish. They can say hello, thank you, good bye, those types of things. The other day, I said thank you to Elijah in Turkish and Elijah said, "Silly Mommy. I'm not Far-ee."
*****
While putting on Elijah's pants, I accidentally called him Isaac. Isaac, across the room, stood up and said, "Mom, Isaac's over here!"
*****
Elijah has been asking "Why?" in response to every single thing I say. When he feels satisfied, he will change his response to an "Oh." John has figured out that if you twist things around to food, he'll switch from "Why?" to "Oh," faster. An example:
JB: Elijah, put on your shoes
Elijah: Why?
JB: Because we are leaving.
Elijah: Why?
JB: Because it is time to go.
Elijah: Why?
JB: Because we need to go get food.
Elijah: Oh.
*****
Isaac has been expressing his desires and issues with more gusto lately. He'll say, "I'm really very hungry," for example. But last week he entertained us even further with, "My butt really needs to go poopy" and "My body is really thirsty."
*****
I have told Isaac not to try to drink his juice without using his hands as the cup often spills. The other day he came up to me, tilted back his sippy cup by biting the mouthpiece and not using his hands. He stopped for a minute and said, "Do you want to say anything about this Mommy?"

1 comment:

Faith said...

LOL! Oh my, I seriously would be laughing all day! They are so cute! Yesterday Jackson was told no a hundred times when touching our floor lamp - so he walked over to it, thumb in mouth and other hand lightly touching the lamp and just looked at me with this mischievous grin on his face. He stayed that way for quite awhile, just challenging me. I seriously had to cover my face because I laughed so hard. He knew it, too. Dang kids, they are too much!