Sunday, May 22, 2011

Good , Bad, Bad

Firstly, the good news.

We are moved into our new home for the next few months. It is beyond my wildest expectations. A gorgeous, nearly new, 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom apartment. The boys have a room. Veronica has a room. I have a huge bedroom with a bathroom in it. There is a very spacious kitchen, dining room, balcony, and huge living room. When my parents come to visit there will be plenty of space for all of us. It's more than I could have even prayed for. Truly! There is a wonderful park right behind the building and other parks within a short walk. JB made a Commissary run and our kitchen is fully stocked. Things have come together very well. We were hoping for a first floor but are pleased that we are at least only on the second floor.

Now the bad news in two parts.

Part I. The Internet/phone/TV has been knocked out in all the TLF buildings in the area we are staying and they have NO idea when it will be back up. None at all. This makes communication very difficult in many ways. I wanted to make sure I posted that here so that everyone knows we are safe and sound and doing well but that communicating with me may be very hit or miss for the next ... we don't know how long. Pray it's not too much longer. I'm already struggling being away from the USA and then Turkey and now JB leaves tomorrow. Not being able to communicate with him or my family is not ideal for my sanity.

Part II. I have not been approved any transportation while here. We were allowed to have a rental car for one week due to the fact that we were not on Base for part of the time. However, when JB leaves for England tomorrow, his car gets returned. We were hopeful that despite the fact that cabs and rentals were not permitted, I'd be close to a shuttle stop. That is not the case. The nearest shuttle is actually well over one mile from our lodging. And there is no shuttle that even runs to the Commissary -- period. We could, of course, get a rental car on our own dime. But to do that for months would be a wee bit costly. JB has sent an email to the "powers that be" back in Turkey, and we'll wait and see what they rule on this matter. But not being able to go anywhere with the boys all day will be difficult. Normally, walking 2-miles round trip would be something I could do no problem. But any exertion right now seems to start up the contractions pretty quickly.

Just going to turn this one over to the Lord and see what he can work out here!

Hopefully I'll be back to update sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

Joia said...

Happy Birthday again, and Wonderful, wonderful news about your lodging - sounds awesome!!!

Will definitely be praying about your communication/transportation issues though.. pretty big deals! =0/

jenicini said...

Happy birthday - 34 has been a wonderful year so far for me. I hope it is for you too! Hang in there. I'm hoping for some rental car love for you while you are there!

Anonymous said...

aww! :( you are so brave...I will pray re: transport...it is not easy having JB gone I know...I am praying for peace...I see you're back up on line so that is an answer...hang in there sweetie. Know you are loved by many and surrounded in prayer right now.
Tante Jan