Saturday, May 14, 2011

Birthday Party Day!

Today is Isaac's third birthday party -- a Mickey Mouse party (just like Elijah had in January) per his request. We were hoping to have it at Arkadas Park but I had no idea you had to reserve pavilions. And when I became aware of this, all four of them were already snatched up.

What makes this party especially fun is that Isaac knows it's his party day. Last night as he went to bed, we heard him tell Elijah on the monitor that, "When I wake up, it will be my birfday party." Today, he put everything in perspective when he said to us as we were racing around trying to get our backyard ready for a party that we hope doesn't get rained on, "My friends will be here soon for my birfday party." JB and I looked at each other and agreed, without words, to slow down, enjoy the day, and celebrate the real reason we are having people over today -- to thank the Lord for this beautiful miracle we were given.

Lotsa pics to follow. I've put Veronica in charge of photos so we should get some good ones! Here's a video of the moments leading up to the excitement:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love to be there!Hope you have the best birthday party ever, Isaac! Great Mickey cake, JB:)
lots of hugs!
grandma & grandpa k

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 3rd Birthday Isaac!!! What a fabulous cake!! Looks like a FUN DAY!!!! :) N