Thursday, November 18, 2010

Incredible Intensity

How does a chocolate lover (i.e...me) go 33 years and never experience a TOBLERONE?

A travesty. That's what it is.

I ate it with ... (and notice my theme here) ... incredible intensity.

Thank you to my good friend who thought I needed some of that today. I did.

I have been having some hard "Mom" days as of late. Mainly this is due to the fact that the boys have been fighting with incredible intensity and finding things to get into with even more incredible intensity.

Just one example.
  • The boys: eating yogurt.
  • Me: need to change my clothes.
  • Me: Runs upstairs. Seriously. Two minutes. I was only gone for two minutes. Yogurt is not a choking hazard. I can leave for two minutes. Right?
  • Answer: Wrong.
  • The boys: decide to throw yogurt all over the kitchen with incredible intensity. Their bowls are on the floor. Yogurt is in their hair. Scrubs is covered. They are covered. Blueberry everywhere.
  • Scrubs: licking everything in sight with incredible intensity.

So not only did I have a friend bring me a Toblerone (yum yum yum!) but I had another friend offer to take one of my boys after naps. Just to separate them for a bit. Just to give me a little time to parent one child and stop the incredible intensity bubbling under the surface all day long.

Another friend offered to help me get a meal I had made for a friend to its indended destination. Small bits that make up a large whole.

I like living here. I like JB's hours. I like the culture. I like the experience. But despite all that liking, I do believe it would be impossible for me to do this life by myself. These friends I have made are a lifeline for me.

Truly, today, I felt like they were God in the flesh. They were His hands. I called to Him, and he comforted. In the form of human beings with hearts set on Him.

Thank you Lord.

Bless you friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toblerone is great! No, you really can't leave for "just two minutes."

AW said...

Wendi, I am so glad you have this network around you to help. I like where I live, I like my husband's hours, but my network is not remotely close to yours and I live in the middle of a big city with many friends and family living around me. Nobody just drops in or helps out like that around here. Makes me a little sad now that I think about it. :-L

Anonymous said...

That is an answer to prayer for you to have some relief from friends -and oh i know that chocloate -learnt to love it in Indonesia of all places! Tante Jan