Monday, November 01, 2010

Language

I LOVE watching my boys develop their language skills. As I work to develop my Turkish, I can totally understand the errors they are making as they work to develop their English.

Pronouns are the greatest. Of course the infamous, "I want to hold you Mommy," is every mother's greatest joy. But today I heard another variation.

Isaac, hiding in the closet. "Mommy, where are me?"

And then also you have to wonder what they think of all the questions adults ask.

Isaac, in response to the question of whether he wanted to be a policeman when he grows up told me, "No. Elijah wants to be a policeman."

Okay, so what do you want to be when you grow up Isaac. "A baby," he responded.

Hmmm . . .

When asked what his favorite toy was Isaac responded to Joni, "New toys."

Smart kid.

Elijah is also having his vocabulary grow in leaps and bounds. Not only does he still sign a bunch, but he is starting to put the word "too" with things he wants to do. "Jump. Too." "Down. Too." Or he'll use his name to request his involvement. "Lijah. Book." "Lijah. Milk."

We are all having a great time learning from each other.

No comments: