Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Aunt Karen turns ...

My Grama Medema's sister is celebrating a birthday today. Aunt Karen is one cool chick. She is quite a few years younger than my Grama which made her and my Mom more like cousins growing up instead of aunt and niece. I know she follows my blog quite a bit and prays and thinks of us a lot. I have fantastic memories of spending time on their small farm in Illinois when I was growing up. Her daughter, Amy and I, were pen-pals and quite good buds for many years. Happy Birthday Auntie Karen! Thanks for being such a cool chick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember a wedding shower for you at that farm! :) Cara's was there too! Tante Jan PS I call her my sister/aunt/friend! Did you know she lived with us for awhile when she was a teenager? You should hear the story about when she spanked me when babysitting -for some reason she thought i was a drama queen about it! :)