Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Million Parachutes

Well how long has it been since I did of a "Song of the Week"? Might as well be a "Song of the month" or even "Song of the quarter" at this rate. Any-who, this song really has no sort of spiritual or emotional strength to offer you. Honestly, it just reminds me that I miss the beach and the warmth a lot!

When I first moved to Minnesota, I heard this song and thought it so accurately portrayed my Polar Life. I am sorry (Rachel) that I am posting so late. I have been attempting to increase my Metformin medication. I dropped it during our last IVF cycle. I cannot break the 1500mg mark. Every time I take that 4th pill to get to 2000, I get pretty sick. Last night, I tried again, and this morning -- not so nice. So I'm finally feeling well enough to try to blog a bit. I'm sorry to let you down!

I also thought today was an especially appropriate day to post this song since it is snowing like crazy! It is so beautiful and not too cold. So click on the link to "A Million Parachutes" by "Sixpence None the Richer" on the right. If you haven't heard of this group, I strongly suggest you look them up. They are a Christian group that crosses over into secular as well. (They sing "Kiss Me".)

Grab a cub of hot cocoa, sit down in front of a big window, and listen away.

I am going to watch the Bears game, personally.

Like a million parachutes
Like a million parachutes
The snow's coming down
I'll lock up the front door
And turn the lights down
In the glow of the street lights
I see them descend
Like a million parachutes
Small men on a mission

[Chorus]
I miss the warmth
And I miss the sun
I miss the ocean
I miss everyone
And I miss the bridges
That span across the bay
Tonight, it seems like ages ago

Like a million parachutes
the snow still falls
The dogs are asleep now
There's no one to call
I'll put on some records
And wait for the light
Under those million parachutes
Now a blanket of white.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendi,

I was at the farm, anyway, so I didn't get to check the blog until later today. I hope you are feeling better!