Monday, January 08, 2007

These are really, really tid bits

Talk about some tid bits. You can't get much more tiddier than these bits.

  • Need to make a book recommendation: Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. Can't say it was his best book. My sort of sister-in-law Danielle (John's brother Matt's longtime girlfriend) recommended it and said it's her numero uno Sparks book. I really like it, but not as much as The Notebook and definitely not as much The Wedding.
  • Need to make a movie recommendation: Last Holiday with Queen Latifah (is that how you spell her name?) Folks, this was really, really good! Relatively clean and just a very nice feel good family movie. Totally worth the $3 rental fee. (We use Netflix.)
  • We also watched Chariots of Fire the other night -- well, actually, we watched over the course of about 5 nights spanning from before we left Florida until after we got back. Therefore, I don't feel I can really give a good pro or con for this movie. Overall, good movie. Accents were a little difficult to understand in spots, but entertaining nonetheless.
  • Yesterday I went to a doctor's appointment that didn't exist. It actually exists today. The poor nurse kept walking up to me asking me for more information before finally ascertaining that I had shown up a day early. I am actually pretty impressed that with all the appointments I have had over the last four years, this is the first time I have "forgotten" an appointment in any way. Pretty impressive, huh?
  • Okay, strange offer. Are any of you in need of mesh basketball shorts or tank tops? Here's the thing. JB and I have been cleaning out our house. Yes, even though other military wives recommend that you do this after your DITY (do-it-yourself) move. (The military pays based on weight so we have been encouraged to save the junk for now but can't bring ourselves to do it.) I have put aside over 40 t-shirts for a t-shirt quilt JB is going to have made for me for my birthday but still have approximately 5 pairs of my mesh basketball shorts and practice jerseys (all, surprisingly, in good shape). I don't really want to just give them to goodwill as these things have stood the test of time, but I have kept a few and just don't know what I can do with all these. If any one would like an "outfit" either for posterity sake or just to play ball in, let me know. JB will not wear them as they have some use of the word "Lady" on all of them. The uniforms also have my number on them, but I kept the ones (or saved them for my kids) that had my name on it. Sorry. If you are interested, post a comment or shoot me an email. Gabbi -- does Princess Grace want to play in these?
  • I also came across a card from Rick Monroe while cleaning my room. He sent this sometime while I was in college. I got rid of a lot of old mail but had to keep this card.
  • Last night, while cleaning the house, I held up a magazine and actually asked JB, "Can I delete this?" This is not a joke. I really did this. Do you think I work on the computer all day or what? How bad is that?
  • Talked to AD last night. They are home from their honeymoon to Jamaica. AD warned me as she got off the phone, "Don't worry about not staying in touch with me -- I'm a stalker." I think that this girl will force me to not have a phone phobia of her. And that's good. I'm so excited to have a new sister. (AD says she just wants to drop the "in-law" part as she has no other sisters!) I'm cool with that.
  • I think we are booking our tickets to Nigeria today. We will leave Minneapolis on March 25, and after a stop in Amsterdam, arrive in Nigeria on March 26. We then plan to return to the U.S. via South Africa (back through Amsterdam.) Originally, we were hoping to go to Morocco. However, after working with a travel agent, it become obvious that this was just not going to work due to the fact that there really weren't any flights from Nigeria to Morocco unless we drove into a not-to-safe part of Nigeria. So instead, we are planning to vacation in South Africa. I will write more about this ina future post but just wanted to give you a little "head's up".
  • Yesterday right before work, our two birds got into a fight. When I picked up the girl, I noticed her foot was bleeding badly. She is okay now, but I got so concerned, I forgot to eat breakfast trying to take care of her. How can you love someone one second and then bite their nail off?
  • I spoke with Kristi on the phone. Raylee is doing great. Has her days and nights mixed up but overall, is doing great. I hope to go visit sometime after we move to Florida.

Hope you enjoyed these bits!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wen! I'm back in LA with internet access again and very much enjoyed the tiddier bits. :) I'll write you an email later but just wanted to say hi. It's 75 degrees in LA - wish you were here! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay now you'll know i was gone too long...who is Rick Monroe -an actor? singer?
I've not heard of How can you love someone one second and then bite their nail off?
but i have heard of how can you love someone one second and then bite their head off the next!
not sure i'd fit in your shorts or t-shirt but i want one just for sentimental reasons! :)
i loved this tidbits thing -we're going to get that movie out -always looking for a good movie we won't be disappointed to have watched 2 hours, instead of reading...
xo Jan

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Hey Les!!! COME HOME SOON!!!

Tante Jan, I'll save a pair for you for sure! :)

Rick was our friend who passed away two weeks ago.

Liz Nyenhuis said...

I just pop in every once and a while (From HP). I see that you are moving from MN to FL...guess you'll have to start a new blog, huh. Don't exactally think of Florida as the "Polar North" :)

Anonymous said...

I want a mesh tank top!!

Anonymous said...

would you please add this expression "head's up" to your "crazy" american expression! I got to know what it means earlier, but I did that in the hard way!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry -I did read about Rick but the name out of context here seemed like a new one.
i am curious how Bara learned the hard way on that one! :)
oh we watched such a good movie -set in Iran / Persia. You cannot imagine how a movie about a pair of shoes can be so good -not sure we loved it because we lived overseas and it reminded us of life in Indonesia or the innocence of it...i'd rewrite the ending but otherwise it is really neat -called Children from Heaven, I believe. Jan
Jan

Anonymous said...

I am sure Grace would love something to dress up in.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tante Jan,

"Heads up" means, watch up. For instance if you threw something to someone and they didn't know it you would say "Heads up". Or if something was going to land on their head it let's them know they should "duck".

I don't know the story, but I am afraid Bara probably got "konked" pretty good!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Ray, I was thinking of Grace. I'll send a set!