Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Our lil' condo

After work last night JB and I had a wonderful evening. We hung out for a bit and then went and worked out at the gym. It was packed! We couldn't figure out why. Usually 6:00 is not too crowded. Then one of the people reminded us that it was January. The New Year's Resolution-ers were filling up the place! They told us not to worry. They'd be gone by February. That's sort of sad.

Oh well. We managed to get treadmills next to each other and played Wheel of Fortune while we ran. (I kicked JB's butt but don't tell him I told you so.)

Then we went and had a casual Thai dinner at a place a few miles from our house. We love this Thai resaturant as it is under new ownership now. Traditionally, Thai restaurants don't have the greatest service. Most of the people don't speak English and it's hard to communicate. At the other Thai restaurant we go to, JB can order the same thing three times in a row and get something different everytime. But this restaurant (Soriya) is really one of our favorites now as the people are very grounded in the community and really seem like they want you there. We love it!

We sat and talked and talked. It's amazing to me that even though I see JB everyday, we had so much to talk about! I really love my husband!

One of our conversation pieces was our condo.

Lately JB and I have been going back and forth about renting vs. selling our condo. We will not have a mortgage in Florida. Maybe we should just rent this out and make some money on it.

Renting is a lot of work. We could get bad renters. The market could drop. Selling would let us pay off the loan we took out to do the work around the place. Selling would release us from worries about this place.

But if we rented it, we could make some good money by doing next-to-nothing if all goes well. But would all go well?

Sigh.

We have no idea what to do.

JB sent an email to first and second year medical students to see if any of them were interested in buying or renting. He's already gotten some replies. People are interested in both. We live in a prime location -- very popular amongst medical students and residents.

We know, in the end, we'll figure out what to do, but you can pray for wisdom as we try to make the decision.

In the meantime, I am working from home today. I did full days at Mayo Monday and Tuesday as my boss was going out of town today and tomorrow. This is a good taste of how things will be in Florida. Although in Florida, I doubt I would be in sweats with a heated rice bag under my feet. It is cold out there today!!!

Okay, back to the grind. It's tough having to work in your pajamas and have lunch with your husband. Oh well, someone's got to do it!

No comments: