Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Quick mid-week update

Well, here's a quick recap of what is going on in our lives currently:
  • JB is on Obgyn surgery; so far this hasn't been too bad. Other people had told him it would mean extra long hours but he has only been on for the normal 8-5 days.
  • My allergies are really wearing my out. I am sleeping a solid 9 hours a night but am just completely worn down. I am trying a different allergy medication and still can't quite get my energy level up to par. I actually resorted today to a Pepsi. I needed something to make it through the day. Lesley Jones said that her hubby Dave is struggling as well. Do I actually want winter to come?
  • Speaking of Lesley Jones, she went with me to my MRI yesterday. It was a real blessing. JB couldn't go with me becaues of his rotation so Lesley, who is on her research rotation, volunteered to go with me. It was wonderful to have her with me and made me a lot less stressed. The MRI wasn't too bad, but I would prefer not to have to do it again.
  • Found out this week that Ray & Gabbi and little Grace are coming up the first week of October! I can't wait! We also found out that Gabbi is having a boy. Very exciting. The news of them coming into town means a packed September and October with lots of company but we are excited. Jason & Kathleen are hoping to come for labor day, Kristi and baby Logan two weeks later, then Ray & Gabbi and then Mom and Dad Kit. the week after them.
  • Work is going okay but I am ending up working 10 hour days lately. I am trying to work on my days being shorter but they have just ended up getting drawn out.
  • We have decided to go to Chicago for Thanksgiving! Yay! Both Josh and Sarah and Jason and Kathleen are going to be with the Huismans this year and also my Uncle Ed and Tante Jan are home from Indonesia so it will be a fun time.
  • Speaking of Ed and Janet, my cousin Eddie, their son and his wife Hannah had a son -- Gabriel Edward Kotynski.

Okay, that's all I got right now. I haven't gotten my results for my MRI but will post a new blog as soon as I get the results.

No comments: