Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ice cream -- U scream!

It is Thursday nite and JB and I just got back from an ice cream social for the OUT OF EDEN Bible Study. OUT OF EDEN is a Bible Study for medical students / graduate students / nurses / doctors and wives -- basically anyone associated with Mayo who wants to come. They meet every Thursday nite from 6:00-7:30. We have a Bible Study and a local church sponsors a meal each week! And they are very good meals -- homecooked by women of a church here. We start each year attending regularly and something always sidetracks us. Last year, it was JB's class of Board Prep. However, we hope to attend regularly.

Tunde, who is a first year, and his wife Deola were there. They are from Palm Beach and now, actually, Deola and I both have something else in common. We both work for Dr. K. Last Saturday we attended the Medical School Opening Picnic and I met Deola. Then on Sunday, Dr. K emailed me and told me he was looking for a nanny -- I thought of Deola for some reason and today, Dr. K told me they were hiring her! And now I found out tonite that they are very strong Christians.

JB is getting ready to do an internet chat with his Aerospace Medicine committee. He has an officer in the National Aerospace Medicine Association for students and residents and so they are chatting online tonite. So we are now home and getting ready to kick back for the day.

In other news, I have been wearing a pedometer and I am happy to announce that I hit the goal of 10,000 steps today. I have only hit it one other time so I am happy about this.

I will write again soon and hopefully add some pics. I love you all!

No comments: