Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday Funnies




This picture above was sent to me by a friend. It truly summarizes how I feel about parenting a toddler right now. Today, and I cannot even make this stuff up, I found Hannah standing at the top of the stairs (Mom fail #1), shaking a full Tylenol bottle (Mom fail #2), completely naked (Mom fail #3). Actually she was wearing her big sisters shoes. So that has to count for something.

*****

Sidge and Isaac were playing Scrabble and asking me something ever four seconds. Sidge wanted to know how to pronounce "Sir." The only thing is, the way he was saying it, I could not understand what word he was using. It was coming out like "Thor" or "Sore". I finally asked him to use it in a sentence.
Side: "There was a Sir."
Didn't help me one bit.

*****

The kids are constantly asking me how many minutes until we get somewhere. I have tried to explain that I cannot make a perfect guess. In the van yesterday Sidge asked me again how many minutes until we get home.
Me: "Twenty minutes."
Sidge: "Or twenty-one?"
Me: "Maybe twenty-one."
Side: "Which is it?"

*****

Isaac: "There's a McDonalds."
Sidge: "Can we go there?"
Me: "We will probably never go there guys."
Isaac: "Why?"
Me: "Because we try to avoid fast food. We might go there to play on the playground sometime."
Abigail: "Does probably never mean ever?"

*****

In the grocery store, I used the expression PB&J. I realized the kids were repeating it, but that they thought the expression was PP&J. I quickly corrected this.


No comments: