Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Funnies


Sidge asked me what this hole in my neck was. I tried to explain it but like many Sidge questions, they are hard to answer. He told me, upon completion of my explanation, "I'd like to put a lego right there in the hole in your neck."

*****

The kids wanted Hannah to play up in their room with them without me supervising.
Me: "Okay. But you must come and get me if Hannah needs me."
Abigail: "I will come and get you if her eye balls are bleeding. Like blood."

*****
We've been trying to teach Abigail that beauty is on the inside. Whenever she asks us if she is beautiful, we will make sure to reiterate that her heart is the prettiest part. 
Abigail: "Do I look beautiful Mom?"
Me: "Of course you do. But remember what I think is the prettiest part?"
Abigail: "My toes?"


*****


We were discussing a Baltimore Oriole bird and what they look like. Abigail suddenly got excited and said, "Can I have some oreos?"


*****


Sidge has been asking a lot of questions about vocabulary. Any time he reads a word he doesn't know, he wants you to define it for him.
Sidge: "What does slaughtered mean?"
Me: "It means that they were killed."
Sidge: "Okay. So it's like executed!" (And then he holds his hands up and does the throat-slitting motion.)


*****


Abigail has been VERY into asking "When can we ..." questions. I decided that instead of getting frustrated about the never-ending string of places and things she wants to do that makes me feel like I am just not meeting her needs a mom, I would write them down. Here were this week's questions.

"Mom, when can we go to the beach?"
"Mom, when can Ms. Stebbs and William come to our house?"
"Mom, when can we swim in the pool?"
"Mom, when we can ride on an airplane?"
"Mom, when can we go back to the brown house?" (Azores)
"Mom, when can we listen to the fox song?" (What does the Fox Say)
"When can we go to Dollywood?"


*****


Sidge: "Can anyone be President?"
Me: "Yes."
Sidge: "But a girl has never been President?"
Me: "Right."
Sidge: "So Abigail could be President someday?"
Me: "She could."
Abigail: "But I want to be Dorothy and have a dog named Toe-toe."
Isaac: "But Abigail you can't really be Dorothy."
Me: "She could. She could change her name to Dorothy if she really wants to."
Isaac: "And she could get a dog named Todo."
Me: "Right."
Isaac: "But she can't go to Oz for real."
Me: "True."
Abigail: "I don't want to be a witch. I'll just be Dorothy."
Sidge: "But I may forget to call you by your new name. It'll be like a mind bender."
Isaac: "I'll just call you stinky toes."
Abigail: "I want to take my basket and dog Toe-Toe and go to Oz."
Isaac: "You may not want to do that for real when you are a grown-up."


*****

[After watching the first few minutes of Jumangi.]
Sidge: "If we get eaten do we go to heaven?"
JB: "Yes."
Me: "But what would eat you?"
Sidge: "Maybe a lion?"


No comments: