I come to you a small, immature being with my own style and personality. I am yours for only a short time; enjoy me.
- Please take time to find out who I am, how i differ from you and how much I can bring to you.
- Please feed me when I am hungry. I never knew hunger in your uterus, and clocks and time mean little to me.
- Please hold, cuddle, kiss, touch, stroke and croon to me, I was always held closely in your uterus and never alone before.
- Please dont be disappointed when Im not the perfect baby that you expected, nor disappointed with yourselves that you are not the perfect parents.
- Please dont expect too much from me as your newborn baby, or too much from yourselves as parent. Give us both six weeks as a birthday present-six weeks for me to grow, develop, mature and become more stable and predictable; and six weeks for you to rest and relax and allow your body to get back to normal.
- Please forgive me if I cry a lot. bear with me and in a short time, as I mature, I will spend less and less time crying- and more time socializing.
- Please watch me carefully and I can tell you those things that soothe, console and please me. I am not a tyrant who was sent to make your life miserable, but the only way I can tell you I am not happy is with my cry.
- Please remember that I am resilient and can withstand the many natural mistakes you will make with me. As long as you make them with love, you cannot ruin me.
- Please teke care of yourself and eat a balanced diet, rest and exercise so that when we are together you have the health and strenght to look after me.
- Please take care of your relationship with each other, for what good is family bonding if there is no family to bond to?
Your loving Child