I feel like it goes perfectly with a little local fodder I wanted to share. My childhood friend Kelly is the mother of five children. She is also a self-professed perfectionist struggling to figure out how to parent five kids and be a perfectionist at the same time. Her mother sent her an email with 10 tips that I thought were just good solid wisdom. I've known Nancy my whole life so I am taking the advice to heart too.
A Mother's Wisdom
- EAT WELL!
- Shut brain off and quit worrying about housework (QUIT thinking so much!!)
- ENJOY your family!
- Don't worry about anything in the FUTURE! LIVE IN THE MOMENT and DO NOT WORRY about that either!
- Let GOD be in charge! HE'S so much better at it!!!
- Do not value yourself according to what you get accomplished!
- Tell your husband you love him, EVERYDAY! ( I just threw that in bcause everyone needs to feel valued!)
- Enjoy the little moments with each of your kiddos (I think you already do this! :)
- PRAY EVERY night for each one of your children, and for your husband! Don't forget!!!!!! :):)