Saturday, July 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom & on my toes

Firstly, a big ol' Happy Birthday to my Mom! Thirty-seven years ago, she turned married my father (1975) and 3 days after that she turned 20. Is that right mom? I came in May of 1977 shortly before her 22nd birthday.

My own daughter would come when I was 34 years old -- nearly 12 years later in life than my mom was when she had me. Since I have been told I was a handful, my respect for my mother has grown even more. Abigail is an amazing joy to us. But man does she keep us on our toes -- in a good way!

Abigail has quiet moments -- here she is enjoying a book on the couch. 

 But quickly she decides that diving off the couch would be way more fun. The good news is, she is very good at stairs and steps and climbing up and down. She really does not fall much.

 Here she is deciding to climb behind the couch. Unfortunately this is as far back as this couch goes so unless I block it, she will continue to go in. She actually got herself out of this jam by herself today.

Not sure the glass corner rack is going to be a good thing to have in the summer room right now. Might need to come up with a different place for it. And yes, that's a box of toys she emptied out and is standing in.

P.S. To see more of Abigail's jams, click here.


No comments: