Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Lady on the Mend

Abigail has been sick. And I mean S-I-C-K. Since our friend Nick is the only other doctor on the Base, he is our doctor. He prescribed her first antibiotic, but after a few days, she wasn't getting much better so we went into the Clinic to see him. Her first real illness. Poor litle girl. She's been running fevers, had an ear infection, and been incredibly lethargic. She basically has been in her bed or in my arms or JB's arms for about a week straight. The picture below has been what she looks like most of the time. We've even broken our no-pacifier-out-of-the-bed rule. Not only is Abigail feeling lousy, but a kid's sickness takes it out of mom too. I can't put her down for a second without screaming resulting. Not so easy when you have two other little boys to take care of.


So you can imagine how happy I was to see her face, even if for only a short period of time today, looking less like the photo above and more like this:


She climbed onto Elijah's bike all by herself. And got quite upset when he tried to take it back from her:

I informed her brother that Abigail was going to get to play on the bike for a bit. It was making her happy and nothing much was making her happy right now. So, instead, Elijah and Isaac decided to share Isaac's bike as you can see from the photos below:







By this time, Abigail had lost interest in Elijah's bike. She instead had found her only little bike, one we borrowed from our new friend Carla. Both boys jumped on their bikes, and I decided to bring out the big guns. Marshmallows. I'd give three whole marshmallows if they'd cooperate for a picture with their little sister. They thought that was  agreat idea. But that doesn't mean that getting all of them to look at the camera at the same time was easy:


And the picture below might be one of my favorite pictures of all time. I've got to get this framed!



2 comments:

The Woodfords said...

I so know how you feel with little ones sick, and needed to spend time with (or just keeping out of trouble) the older ones! Hope Abigail is feeling better soon!

Love, love, love the last picture! So cute!

Love Steph

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

Glad she is feeling better and I love the last picture!