Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sunlight

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

Thank you Stebbs for letting me "borrow" your verse of the day.

Yesterday morning was a low point for me. But since my quiet time yesterday afternoon, the Lord's peace has been surrounding me. I have not cried since yesterday afternoon. Anytime waves of sadness or panic have threatened me, I have pulled out my scriptures, put on my praise music, and meditated on the Lord. Taking the lead from my friend Rachel, I have been working to teach the boys, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding ..." reminding myself as they practice.

I look forward to watching the Lord lead me through this valley as he has brought me through so many before. I know there will be highs and lows, but I hold tight that He will be with me at all times.


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't know if you have heard this song before, but it called Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture. Here's the link on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoezWBPGRAc

I hope it brings you a little peace today.

Anonymous said...

We love Jesus Culture! Their music brings us right to the throne room.

Emily said...

Your post reminded me of that old classic hymn, "It is Well with my Soul."

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

I remember singing this with my friend after her father died an untimely and tragic death, and I couldn't imagine how this song could be true - how it could possibly be well with her soul. But she grieved and suffered and the Lord brought her healing, and today, it is well with her soul. Praying that you may be able to sing that song with joy in a soon-coming day.

Anonymous said...

speaking of Sunlight (and i know you're a Dr's wife) but i have to ask if you're getting enough vitamin D?
I think you can take a blood test for it -i loved this post and how God is meeting you -a hug and a prayer -nite nite! Tante Jan