Saturday, September 03, 2011

In our house

Did you know that in my house, the item below is a pine cone?
 Did you know that the item below is a "mountain pillow" and has since been renamed a "muddy mountain"?
We are continually chuckling at the things our boys come up with. I heard Isaac ask Elijah, while playing pretend with their trucks say, "C'mon. Let's go on a date." Grasshoppers are grasspoppers. Snails, which are in abundance outside, according to Elijah, are nail-o's. No idea how that one got started.

Elijah and I had a conversation about Crush, the turtle in Finding Nemo. Elijah kept calling him Tush. However, if I said, "So his name is Tush," Elijah would correct me by saying, "No. Tttttush." He knew what he wanted to say but just couldn't say it right.

The growing up extends past what they say. It's also how they think. Isaac asked me, as he often does, not to put away his toys while he was taking a nap. I told him this was no problem and then proceeded to clean them up, as I always do. This time however, he woke up completely remembering his request and quite sad with my failure to adhere to his request.

"Mommy, I asked you not to put away my cars. You did. That makes me sad."

I apologized and then had to try and keep a straight face when Elijah told me I would have to go to time-out. I think not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Time-out for PUTTING AWAY toys... As it SHOULD be of course! LOL!
Much love,
Patty
(or as I'm known in YOUR house: Bubble Puddin' :)