Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thank you



To the friend who journaled a prayer for me during her quiet time and shared them with me, reminding me that despite living across the world from many of my loved ones, I am far from alone ... thank you.

"Jesus I lift up Wendi to you I pray you would reach your loving hand to her and touch her in the ways she has never experienced before. I pray she would feel your love and affection towards her to her core of her whole being. Lord you have overcome death and darkness with your cross. I pray that you would take her out of this emotional darkness she has been in give her back your joy! I pray she will delight life with the kids again I pray that you will restore the joy she had. Also I pray that she will experience a new joy in you that she has never experienced. Not only will help her to heal from this emotions but also she will overflow with joy, Amen!" 

*****

To the commenter who posted a link to this music video in the comments on my blog reminding me that God is faithful always and that His love will not fail me ... thank you.

Your Love Never Fails Lyrics (Jesus Culture)

Nothing can separate
Even if I ran away
Your love never fails

I know I still make mistakes
But You have new mercies for me everyday
Your love never fails

Chorus:
You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There maybe pain in the night but joy comes in the morning

And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails

Verse 2:
The wind is strong and the water's deep
But I'm not alone in these open seas
Cause Your love never fails

The chasm is far too wide
I never thought I'd reach the other side
But Your love never fails

Bridge:
You make all things work together for my good

*****
I realized that He is using this, not only for MY good but for the good of others in my life. I felt the Lord ask me, "If I can use this struggle in your life to bring one other person to Christ, would you go through it?" My answer? A resounding YES! S to the person who sent me the following email, sharing how my blog has helped her and reminding me that my pain has meaning ... thank you.
During these trials, I'm struggling with feelings of depression and self pity, yet I feel so guilty and weak because I know I have so much to be grateful for.  Like you, I have an amazing supportive husband, after years of struggling to have a family, I have three incredible kids ... I have a beautiful home, great career, and financial security ... yet I'm emotionally struggling. 
These feelings have, at times, made me feel silly and selfish and just generally lost.  But I must say that reading your blog recently has helped me refocus and center myself, and more importantly, my hopes, back on Christ.  I feel a renewed sense of direction, and today, instead of waking up and feeling immediate dread about just putting my feet on the ground, I rolled out of bed and started my day on my knees ... in prayer.  I prayed for courage and strength to simply get through the crazy morning routine of making breakfast, packing lunches, and getting the kids out the door. I prayed that I would be able to put a smile on my face and joy in my voice while dealing with the kids for the next 90 minutes. And if I could get through those 90 minutes with a grateful spirit, maybe just maybe, the day would seem a little less daunting, less exhausting, less disappointing ... and you know what?  While it wasn't perfect, it was better.  And right now, that's all I need, to know that it can be better.  So I thank you. Thank you for being transparent, honest, vulnerable, and public about your struggles. It probably helps a lot more people than you even realize.

*****

To my mom who sent me a devotional prayer that spoke to exactly where my soul was at that moment ... thank you.

Almighty Lord, the same yesterday, today, and forever, You have been my help in ages past and are my hope for years to come.  The sure sign of an authentic relationship with you is that I believe in the future more than the past, and that my previous experiences of Your grace are only a prelude to Your plans for me.

Give me a fresh burst of enthusiasm for the next stage of the unfolding drama of my life and the work you have given me to do.  You have called me to serve You.  Your power is released for service.  Help me focus on my high calling to communicate Your love to the people with whom I come in contact with today.  May I put You first, others second, and myself last.  May all that I do and am today be so obviously an expression of Your truth, righteousness, and justice that I can press on with the confidence of Your blessing.

relinquish my worries to you and my anxiety drains away.  I take courage because you have taken hold of me.  Now I know that courage is fear that has said its prayers.  I spread out before You the challenges of the day ahead and see them in the proper perspective of Your power.  I dedicate myself to doing things Your way under Your sway.  And now, Your joy, that is so much more than happiness fills me.  I press on to the work of the day with enthusiasm.  It’s great to be alive!  Amen.

*****

To an old friend who I haven't seen in years who took the time to remind me that I was loved by and share her favorites scriptures .. . thank you.




Psalm 30:5b "
Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning."

Psalm 138:7-8 "
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, 
you preserve my life; 
you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me. 
The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. 
Do not forsake the work of your hands."

Psalm 16:8 "
I have set the LORD always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken."


Isaiah 43:1-3 "
But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, 
he who formed you, O Israel: 
Fear not, for I have redeemed you; 
I have called you by name, you are mine. 
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; 
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; 
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, 
and the flame shall not consume you. 
For I am the LORD your God, 
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."


Psalm 46:1-3 "
God is our refuge and strength, 
a very present help in trouble. 
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, 
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, 
though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. 


Psalm 23:4 "
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil, 
for you are with me; 
your rod and your staff, they comfort me."


2 Corinthians 4:7-8 "
But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;"


*****

And to the one who shared a verse that ministered to her this past week, not knowing that it is one of my favorite verses and taking the time to remind me that sometimes we praise even in the storm ... thank you.




"Though the fig tree does not bud 

and there are no grapes on the vines, 

though the olive crop fails 
and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. 

The Sovereign LORD is my strength; 

he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, 

he enables me to tread on the heights." 

... take our why's and turn them into "thoughs" -- as we ask God, "why" about this situation or another, we can turn that around and tell Him that "though" this or that thing may never change, yet will we rejoice in Him.  I think it's hard when the mind and heart just aren't connected on that level -- we can think clearly at times and make a list of all of the things we have to be thankful for and everything amazing that God has done for us, yet we can still feel so depressed and overwhelmed, discouraged and hopeless.  But that just encouraged me last week, to think that I might say to God, "though life is never easy again" or "though I feel lost and purposeless despite all of the good things you have provided for me", yet will I seek to rejoice in you.  Sort of that surrender, acknowledging that I would be happier if things were the way I wanted them to be but that I will try to trust God joyfully even if they are not that way now and may never be that way again.  


*****

I hope what they shared with me ministers to all of you as we all heal. I am healing. And I am trusting the Lord to continue this healing. Praise the Lord. 






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Wendi (at least it is morning here in the states) - As the sun shines and Fall is in the air, I started my morning by reading your blog. I read it almost every day and pray for you at the same time! I know, without a doubt, that God is with you through this time!

I also wanted to tell you that your sharing is reaching others. I have a friend whose 25 year old son committed suicide 2 weeks ago, leaving behind a psychotic wife (diagnosed) with 2 children. My friend was struggling with depression before this happened so you can only imagine how she is doing right now...not good. Another friend was struggling with depression when she was in a car accident & suffered traumatic brian injuries...again, not good. I find a lot of what you are sharing to be just what they need to hear as well...so, I'm doing some copy/paste and sharing it with them. Yes...I plagerizing and I hope you don't mind! Your friends have provided some powerful scriptures and prayers and I'm just amazed at how they apply for these two friends of mine as well. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful...His body around the world...Love Tante Jan PS thank you for sharing the prayers and verses and encouragements...
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me/you all the days of my/our lives...Ps 23