Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Quiet moments


“Quiet Moments with God”
By Lloyd John Ogilvie
He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit . . .
Luke 3:16
Spirit of the living God, I confess the banked fires of faith in the hearth of my heart.  White ash covers the burned-down embers.
The danger of burnout is very real to me.  When I become too busy, there is little time to be refueled by Your love, joy, peace, and patience.  I start living on my own resources and forget that You are the source of wisdom, knowledge, discernment, vision and the power to lead others.  I never was meant to make it on my own.  Forgive me for trying.
Today, my responsibilities are too great to face without the constant replenishment of Your inspiration.  Bellow the flickering embers of my heart until they are white-hot again with the fires of passion for discipleship.  May I glow with Your radiance.  Be glorified in my life today.  I long for the authentic spirituality I see displayed on the pages of the book of Acts: love for Christ, loyalty to fellow disciples, contagious faith, unreserved commitment, and expectation of great things.
Holy Spirit, I need You.  I open the hearth of my heart to You.  Thank You for setting me ablaze with Your fire.

No comments: