Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I-ac

That's what Isaac calls himself now. "I-ac." He loves to watch the screen saver on the computer while he eats in his high chair. Ooohing and Aaahing at all the pics floating by. He calls out "Daddy", "Mommy", "Bubby", and "I-ac." He also does his little kissing noise for Elijah. He is right nearly all of the time, even when it comes to separating baby pictures from his own and his brother's.

There hasn't been much eating going on around here. Not many smiles lately either. I-ac got up at 3am, screaming. He was burning up and then threw up. He laid with us in our bed for an hour before we put him back down in his own bed. He got up at 6am, cried until 7am, played a bit until 9am, and then went back down for a nap. It is almost 1pm and he is still asleep. Poor little guy. It is really hard watching your child so sick. I have so much respect for parents dealing with chronically ill children. This is only for a few days and yet I feel so helpless.

While I-ac slept all morning, Elijah and I had some good one-on-one time in between the two naps he took while I-ac was down for one. Here are a few pics from our time together this morning:


Playing with tupperware in the living room.


I walked out of the room and when I came back, I found him sitting on I-ac's atlas book and playing with his toy hammer.


When he saw me, he decided to throw the hammer ...

... and then smile again.

2 comments:

The Woodfords said...

Hoping little Isaac is feeling better soon - we're praying for all of you.

It was really great to meet you this morning, and Elijah! So glad that worked out!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Ditto Steph! It's always so wonderful to put a face and a name together!!! Looking forward to following your journey.