Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gulp . . .

. . . today I go into the real ocean and breathe underwater.

Actually I think it is a bay. But hey, it might as well be the ocean. It's big. It's not a pool. Bay. Ocean. Whatever. It's all the same when you talk about going really deep and breathing fake air.

We weren't sure we were both going to be able to go with how sick Isaac has been. If not, I was going to go this weekend and JB another weekend. This meant I would have some stranger for my "buddy." I am very relieved that Isaac is doing better and both our Saturday and Sunday sitters feel confident about watching a still-semi-cranky little boy. So relieved that JB will be with me when I do my dives.

Isaac is doing much better. The fevers are gone. He still isn't eating a lot and is still taking long naps. Still a bit cranky. But he is starting to act more and more like himself. We definitely did not want to leave him if he was like he was even yesterday. Thank goodness he is on the mend.

As for me, I'm scared. Seriously. Scared. I'm also dreading getting back into that wet suit. Man those things are annoying. It's like putting on a layer of skin or something.

Pray I do well and don't freak out and remember how to do all the things we learned how to do last time.

Amen.

1 comment:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

It is a beautiful day outside so I hope you had a wonderful time with your hubby!