Friday, September 11, 2009

Bible Study

. . . well, when you read this, I'll be off to Illinois already. However, I wrote this on Thursday and am posting it automatically to load on Friday morning. Enjoy!

Thanks to my new friend Robyn, the wife of one of the new first year residents (aka "interns"), I found out about a great Bible Study at the Niceville Methodist Church. This is the same church where I attend MOPs. FUMC is the closest thing we have to a mega church here on the Emerald Coast. The Bible Study meets every Thursday. I missed the introductory class last week due to the boys being sick.

I didn't think I would be able to attend due to the boys' illnesses this week either, but Tuesday evening, things started looking up at our house. The sniffles went away. The fevers dissipated. Thank you to all of you who prayed. I had already decided not to attend Bible Study today when yesterday JB reminded me that it was okay to change my mind.

. . . so off we went.

This is a Beth Moore study on the book of Esther. I've never done a Beth Moore Bible study. Never really done a formal Bible study with other women of any sort. I've been working full-time for the last ten years of my life. Things like this never matched my schedule. But I have heard so many women I know tell me wonderful things about Beth Moore and her studies.

First of all, the boys did FANTASTIC! I was a little nervous since neither of them have done much nursery with our church change, sicknesses, and travelling in the last few months. Elijah has actually never been in the nursery before -- ever. They were in the same class and lasted all 2.5 hours without any problems at all. As I could have predicted, they said Isaac played with toys the whole time and didn't say a word to anyone. That sounds like my little guy! Chatters like crazy at home but usually quiet on the road. And they said that my "can-erupt-at-a-moment" little Elijah only got upset one time, and a bottle quickly ended that sadness.

The study features an hour long video of Beth Moore discussing Esther and then a breakout into small groups. I am soooooo excited to get to be a part of this. What a blessing that a local church opens their doors to anyone and everyone (and watches their children to boot!) Their children's area was amazing -- all ocean themed with computers to check in and beepers for the parents. I was quite impressed.

We came home and both boys went down for nearly three hour naps. I guess they did play hard. In addition, Elijah went from a stomach position back to seated today. This will help him not get frustrated when he gets tired of crawling. Isaac also gave me a kiss today. He gives them to Daddy and Elijah and Scrubby but today was the first time Mom was deserving. Thanks little man.

As for me, as you read this, I am on a plane somewhere over the U.S. Looking forward to spending this weekend with my Dad's family. Also thinking back to 2001. This date changed our world forever. I'm sure we all know where we were eight years ago. I can't believe it has been eight years.

I'll update when I can.

4 comments:

Joia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joia said...

Man! I didn't know it was a Beth Moore study, now I'm Really bummed I can't make it! =0/

Jennifer said...

You are going to really enjoy that study. I actually go to her live Bible study on Tuesday nights here in Houston and was there when she taped Esther. It is very good!

Sam said...

I was so on the fence about doing this study (that's where I go to church). The women are awesome and prayed with me and for me during so many trials and joys. I am just not sure if I'm ready to put the twins in nursery that long just yet, but now I'm second guessing :) Anyway, enjoy, Beth Moore is amazing!!!