Sunday, January 06, 2008

Hello to all of Wendi, John & Scrubs family & friends!

I hope you all enjoy my blogs! I can't promise they will be as good as Wendi's, but I will definitely do my best. By the way, I'm more of a night person than a morning person so you'll probably get posts from me later in the day. I need Wendi to rub off on me so I can be more of a morning person.

This morning Cliff and I took scrubs for a walk and let him run loose in this huge field close to his house. After the walk we took Scrubs to our house. So far it has worked out pretty well. Scrubs is really a good dog! Our neighbors dogs went crazy once they knew Scrubs was on the other side of the fence. I was so proud of Scrubs! All he did was smell through the fence. He did not bark once! Our backyard is completely fenced in so it works out great for Scrubs and us. He ran many laps from one side of the house to the other. I think he thoroughly enjoyed himself. Scrubs will be staying the night at our house tonight since tonight is the last night Cliff will be home at night for a week. He's working nights and will be sleeping during the day. I know you all have heard Wendi talk about John working nights. It's not the best rotation, but it could be worse.

I wish you all could see the list Wendi typed up for me. It lists everything I need to know in order to take care of Scrubs. I'm very grateful for the list, but it's funny to read as well. Scrubs eats more than any dog I've been around. I grew up with dogs living outside and they would eat a mixture of dog food and table scraps. I know they say table scraps are not good for a dog. However, once I have a dog of my own I do not plan to feed him/her table scraps. I'll definitely go by the book. OK, back to Scrubs diet. In one day he eats 5 cups of dog food, 7 dog biscuits, peanut butter to hide his medicine (for his skin) which is 2 benadryl 3 times a day and 2 antibiotic twice a day, and snacks that include apples, carrots, cheese and bananas. He also gets another kind of treat for good behavior and going to the bathroom. Scrubs is well taken care of! He's so lucky to have Wendi and John as his parents.

I'll update you all tomorrow on cute Scrubbers! Have a great night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Scrubs is going to have a great week. I think your yard is a great thing. He is a good dog...just lots of energy.
Have fun!!! Wendi's mom

Anonymous said...

I remember Wendi's lists from when we would take care of the birds. It was good for me so I didn't have to guess about what to do for them. That was two birds in a cage. I can imagine what the list is like for a dog that needs exercise, medicine, attention and everything else. How many pages is it? :)

Anonymous said...

Wendi's Mom - I apologize, but please tell me your name. I can't seem to remember. I don't want to call you Wendi's Mom all week. Scrubs definitely has a lot of energy. He's giving me a good workout this week! We're having a blast though!

Ebby Ray - Yes, Wendi's lists are extremely helpful! I'd be lost without it! The list is 3 pages long. It does include a little about the house and plants, but mainly Scrubs.

Jodi

Anonymous said...

Hey Jody:

I am Diane or Lady Di!

Anonymous said...

I like Lady Di! Thanks!

Jodi

Rachel and Hans said...

Scrubs eats better than I do. I think Wendi should come up to La Crosse and devise a plan that allows me to eat seven meals a day.

Hans

AW said...

Good grief, Scrubby's got it totally spoiled! What kind of diet is that for a doggy?!? Peanut butter, bananas and cheese? He eats better than me! LOL!

But I don't feed my doggies "people food". They have gas issues that could clear a room. My little Maltese farted so loud once that she turned around and looked at her butt. LOL! She had this look on her face like, "WHAT was that?" :-)