Friday, January 25, 2008

Going home

The next time I post, I will be back at home on good ol' Eglin AFB.

It's been a wonderful visit! Despite my little 'bout of illness, I have enjoyed getting to spend a few weeks at home with my parents. I have had to work forty hours both weeks while I was here so that dampened my ability to frolic as much as I would have liked, but overall, I still got to spend some quality time with family as well as Joan and Bri. I got to spend time with the Kits also but not quite as much as I would have liked.

As I write this, my darling puppy Scrubs is growling (sort of like Chewbacca on Star Wars) at a sprinkler littering the porch with water. I'm sure he'd like to go out there. No can do Scrubby. Remember yesterday and your little escape antics? Not gonna happen mister! Growl away Chewbacca man!

Yesterday, Joan, Bri, and I went to lunch at Chili's. We were hoping to have dinner together one night and possibly include Chris. Chris is Bri's boyfriend and the birthfather. I have never met Chris. However, we just couldn't come up with a night that would work for everyone so yesterday, just the girls were able to have lunch together. They also came over to meet Scrubs. Bri loves dogs and hopes to get a German Shepherd of her own after the baby is born. Scrubs was very tired so he was very well-behaved and gave Bri a good picture of a good dog. Now if she can just come back when the other part of Jekyll and Hyde is out and about.

I am so proud of Bri. She is doing so well. I know this is hard on her, but she is two-thirds of the way there. Keep up the good work Brianna. Little XY will be here before you know it. I know for Bri, she can't wait for May to get here. While I sort of feel the same way, a big part of me wants May to not get here too fast. I have a lot to get done before that!

I will be returning home in April for a long weekend. Their friends and family plan to have a shower for Bri and me (giving Bri things to get ready to have her own apartment) on Saturday. And then on Sunday, my mom plans to have an open house for me as well. It should be a fun weekend, and it will be the last time I see Bri before our little guy joins the world.

We joked yesterday that we plan to make sure little XY likes mustard since Joan and then Bri both despise mustard. I plan to smother his face in it and take a great big photo to share with both of them!

Anyways, next post will be from Eglin tomorrow. Tonight is JB's last night on call. He made it through nights ... well, almost!

See you from northern Florida folks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

O Wendi, I miss you and Scrubs already. I can't imagine coming home and not getting greeted by a happy dog. It will be strange to lay on the couch and waking up on my own-not by a puppy jumping on my tummy. In a week or two I can probably wear shorts and t-shirts again since my bruises should be gone!!! My living room will never be this clean until next time!! All kidding aside, it has been so great having you here. You are a breath of fresh air. Loveyou! Mom

Anonymous said...

I knew I liked Joan and Bri for a reason - I HATE MUSTARD too! No mustard allowed for XY!

Anonymous said...

We are SO ready for you to be back home! =)

Anonymous said...

So, it looks like I've become the official "Keeper of the Name Guesses", since Funky Monkey and Aunt Jan have both entrusted me with their guesses now! =) If anyone else would like to share a guess, I have created a folder in my email account just for Baby Kit name guesses!