Thursday, January 24, 2008

Happ birthday JB!

The photo above is a picture of JB's base in the residency room on Eglin AFB. You can read all about this decoration frenzy on Joia's blog by clicking HERE. This was so nice of the wives to do for JB since he is doing nights, has no one home with him, and didn't even remember it was his birthday. I am not sure who all was responsible (Joia can you fill me in?) but nonetheless, it made JB feel great. I am pretty sure I see some sort of brownie or cake something (choclolate?) sitting in front of the computer screen which, when I speak JB today, I will explicitly tell him to save some for me. I am imagining Joia cooked these and I do NOT want to miss out.

A few other notes about this picture. Joia wanted to point out that the decorations on the roving birthday skeleton were not her's to be proud of. That was Matt. No one is really surprised by that fact.

There are also some Bratz dolls on JB's desk. This is a funny story. JB and I went to the store one day, and he told me he needed some little polio pads of paper to keep in his doctor's jacket pocket for when he needed to take notes. I scoured Target and emerged with just what he wanted. The only catch was that they were Bratz doll polio pads! John was not impressed and told me to put them back immediately. Since my Dutch blood was proud I had found these in the dollar section (there is a reason the expression "going Dutch" means pay for yourself and no one else -- we are cheap!) I decided to get my way. I asked JB if he was afraid to have Bratz dolls on his polio pads. He informed me he was not afraid and Bratz dolls did not challenge his manhood. I also reminded him that he saw children half the day. They would like the Bratz dolls. John agreed (more to end the argument) and decided that he could handle having Bratz doll polio pads.

When he got to work, he put them in a drawer of his desk. Enter Matt two days later, looking to borrow something (it doesn't matter what) from JB's desk. He opens the drawer, sees the Bratz doll polio pads, and the rest is history. JB is now teased unmercifully. So, that's why the dolls reemerged during the desk decoration! What a good sport JB is.

Today, John Mark is 32 years old! Can you believe it. Even harder to believe is that I started dating him when he was 17. Almost half of his life ago. Woah. Happy birthday best friend. I love you.

P.S. Oh and this post needs a couple of P.S.'s. First of all, if you read the comments on yesterday's blog, Funky Monkey thinks she knows the baby's name. She's going to email her guess to Joia who, does not, I repeat, does not, know the name of this little guy. She will simply hold the results . . . anyone else want to guess?

P.S.S. Scrubs is supposedly making his Pre-K debut today. I wish I could take pictures, but I am sure I will be so focused on making sure he behaves I won't be able to. This should be fun, and it will win big niece Grace popularity points.

P.S.S.S. I was at Ray and Gabbi's house until, like 11pm last night (I know -- woah for the early bird, me.) They gave me so many things for little boys . . . quite honestly folks, I have more clothes than I know what to do with. The only clothes I probably did not get from them are winter clothes since Nate was raised in Fort Lauderdale. So if you feel the need to find cute baby things (Ummm ... Rachel?) then I would vote for six month old clothes for fall and winter because otherwise, I am really set until this kid is two years old. Seriously. Clothes galore!!!

Okay, once again, happy birthday husband from far away!

8 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

oh wendi dear...trust me, i have some things at my apartment. i am, however, TRYING to "space them out" a bit. it's HARD! luckily, what i do have is 6-12 months, so YAY - perfect!!

hans - if you are reading this...just be a good fiance' and look the other way!

Rachel and Hans said...

oh - and happy birthday john! i really am excited about your birthday. (maybe not QUITE as excited as i am about may-baby!). :-)

AW said...

AGGGH. I JUST mailed you some of Jon's baby clothes yesterday. LOL! We had the same problem though...more clothes than we can handle. Some stuff he's never worn...he grew too fast. :-)

Joia, check your email.

And John...HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU OL' FART! (I can say that since I'm older than you.) :-)

Anonymous said...

Wendi, couple comments on John's birthday...

I was going to ask you if he liked cake and if so, what kind, but decided to just go ahead and make those white cake mix with chocolate chips and walnut brownies that I've made for you guys before and you both liked.

Correction - only the "balloon boobs" on the skeleton are Matt's the rest of "her accessories" Was me! =)

I was the only birthday elf this time, I think his birthday just kind of snuck up on us (and him too, apparently!)

TAV said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JB!!!!!!!
Am I too young to know what Bratz dolls are??/ ;)

Anonymous said...

Tara! Ha ha. You are too OLD to know what it is. This is a NEW thing!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday JB!!! Score one for your masculinity!

Anonymous said...

And have i been gone so long? what is a polio pad!?!