Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sorry ... the sleep is done!

Well JB is awake, we’ve had a chance to talk, and now, I’ll share with you what I shared with him. Little ___ is doing great! The tech took a ton of pictures, and if I can figure out how to use my parents’ scanner, I will try to post those soon. Bri took a few and left me with at least a dozen.

The ultrasound was wonderful. I’ve always dreamed about getting to see my child on an ultrasound. I suppose, in a roundabout way, I got to do that today. He had his mouth open the entire time and was moving around a lot, especially his left arm and hand. Oh, and there aren’t going to be any surprises at this birth. He is definitely a boy!

The best news of all? The small femur measurements that were giving the doctors cause for concern at Bri’s last ultrasound were measuring right-on track today! The baby looks healthy and is moving like crazy and keeping Bri awake at night. He is 1.7 pounds and doing great.

Some of you have asked me about height and "features" of Bri and Chris. Bri is about 5'9". Chris is about 6'0". They are blonde/brunettes with light colored eyes. Folks, we could actually have a newborn son who looks a lot like us. I never thought this might happen, but it really might happen.

I think I may have dinner next week with the entire family including Bri and Chris. If I can get a picture or two, I'll be sure to share.

In other news, I am trying to get a lot of work done to recoop from our vacation while watching the dog in a new house. I have yet to see any of the Kit. family. I think I may shoot for tomorrow. Even though I am here and it feels like it should be vacation, I recognize that it is not vacation and work must go onward.

Today was a great day! Yay!

9 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

that's GREAT news! i suppose it was even worth waiting all afternoon for! :-) congrats to both of you...i'm avoiding the mall tonight in fear that i might buy something cute for may-baby. hans would have my head. he wants me to "spread the gifts out" but that is SO hard to do! :-)

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! What an answer to prayer that baby is safe and well. How special for you to be able to see your little one before he is born. He is truly an amazing gift--we can't wait to meet him!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Yay for technology! Soo awesome that you could see the little tyke already... can't wait for the pictures! Praise the Lord about the good news of the measurements etc...

crazystegmamaof4 said...

What a blessing, Wen...#1 that little John Jr (that's what I'm calling him :)) is happy and healthy and measuring right on target, but also that you got to share in the u/s miracle...it is an amazing thing to watch your baby from inside the womb. Nothing beats it. So thankful all is going well...May will be here before you know it. And ya' know...I've always thought Bri was a spitting image of you so I will not at all be surprised if this baby looks like a little you too! :) Can't wait to see the pics! Hugs and Love, Kel :)

AW said...

WONDERFUL update! So glad to hear that the femur measurements are nothing to worry about. God is so faithful - why do we worry so??? Not criticising...just talking to myself I guess! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wendi, I'm so excited for you. I'm glad you were able to see the u/s of your baby. And that he's doing so well.

Bethany

TAV said...

Yay! I love ultrasounds! Can't wait to see pics. :)

yuan family said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is fine with the baby. We are so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Yay Wen! I know I'm super-behind on my blog reading (as usual) but I've been thinking about you two quite a bit. What a blessing to pull up such good news on catch-up-blog-reading-day-one. And it's a HE! How awesome! (Is my bias coming through?) Wow, you two are going to be the best parents. Thank God for patience, long-suffering and blessed assurance all in one!