Thursday, January 03, 2008

Three sleeps till we cruise!

Just three days till our vacation.

JB was soooo right. When we tried to pick the best time to have a vacation back in the fall, he quickly highlighted next week. The timing could not be better! He is working incredibly long hours, Scrubs has been a handful, work is very busy for me, and it's cold here! I mean really cold for Florida! It was in the twenties overnight ... that's cold for the south.

When JB first came home after work, he volunteered to wear Scrubs out for 20 minutes while I took my neighbor Heather's two labs for a walk. I have been dog sitting for them since the day after Christmas, and they will return home tomorrow. Her labs are older and very independent with their doggy door. I only go over to feed, water, give treats, and take for occasional walks. I got over there only to realize that her well-behaved pups had started tearing a few things up. She had warned me that this could happen when they are gone for long periods. I called Heather, followed her advice to protect the rest of their stuff, and will pray that by the time I get there tomorrow they are doing better! I'll also try to make more frequent visits tomorrow -- their last day before the family comes home. I would gladly bring them over to our house, but Scrubs terrorizes them with his puppy antics! They are too old and mature to be bothered with an annoying pre-teen like Scrubs.

As I sit and write this it is 9pm. JB has been working for the last hour on a patient report while sitting on the couch and watching Iron Chef. Apparently this patient was in the hospital for two weeks which requires quite a detailed record. JB could have done it at his office, but in order to spend some time together, he's camped out on the living room couch.

[Side note: When an intern says they need to write one more "note" on a patient before they are done for the day -- this is not what I first assumed. I thought a "note" was a few sentences. A "note" can be a page or two or three. It took me a few weeks into this internship to realize that writing a "note" meant: "I'll see you in an hour!]

Anyways, back to the real blog ...

Scrubs fell asleep in one of his wild and crazy heaps at JB's feet around 8:30pm. Finally!

And I, cooked dinner. JB informed me, after I had mustered up some spaghetti, brussel sprouts, and garlic bread, that he had had spaghetti for lunch! Oh well. He didn't complain which is good because when you aren't a good cook to start with, you need all the encouragement you can get.

Jodi, my beloved future dog-watching guest-blogger came over today to go over things for our departure. She also brought Chickfil-A! Yay! You will all enjoy getting to know Jodi via the blog while I am gone. She is married to Cliff, one of the other interns and is just a beautiful person inside and out. I'll make sure to include a picture of her before I leave so you know who is "talking" (in her great Carolina accent!) Jodi also grew up on a dairy farm so she knows how to take care of animals -- and give them a good beating if needed :) She also plans to do a bit of blogging while I am gone so the Polar North will live on! I look forward to reading her blogs when I return. I'm sure she'll keep you all happy until I come back.

All right. Off to bed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to the "specifics of NOTE writing!" how true that is! I dread hearing Philip say, "I have a couple more notes to finish up and then I'll be home.." =)

Anonymous said...

I second that Joia and Wendi!

Jodi

AW said...

Mmmm...Chick-Fil-A. Can't eat there anymore because of my gluten-intolerance, but MAN I loved that place. I just eat their waffle fries now.

*sigh*

Thanks. I'm hungry. :-)