Saturday, January 19, 2008

Politics

As I have always said, I really try to make this blog a politically-safe place. I just really like people to get along, and when it comes to talking politics, people seem to automatically start not getting along. JB used to be a big political debater. However, he has really eased up in this regard. He said that he has realized that he used to sort of put his faith in who got elected. He now realizes that while it is his responsibility to be informed and vote, after that, he has to truth God with who is in office, not the person who is in office himself.

That being said, I've had a really difficult time thinking about who to vote for. I have a few key issues that I always vote by, and it really seems that there may not be a candidate who supports these positions to vote for.

I saw this link of my friend Lesley's blog: http://www.dag.nl/Nieuws/kieskompas.htm. Guys this is fantastic, and I think EVERYONE should try it. Seriously. You answer the questions, and then it tells you who you are most closely aligned with. It will tell you overall who you are most aligned with and then issue-by-issue who you are most aligned with. Really, you should do it! I consider myself a member of one party, but have always said I am not determined to vote in that party. This told me, honestly, where I belong, based on the issues, not based on the person.

Bravo Lesley! Loved this!

2 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

Wendi - I tried this when Lesley put it on her blog and I loved it! I sent the link to my family and friends and told them to try it as well. It also made me realize that I really should make myself more informed on some of the issues that I had no idea about!

AW said...

Wendi, this is wonderful! I'm sure it's not an exact science for a person like me, as my stance on issues is truly all over the board. Which is why it's hard for me to claim one political party over another. I guess I have political multiple personality disorder??? But it pretty much confirmed to me who I am most aligned with...and I'm closer to some than I thought I was, which in some instances I didn't really like, so I need to really assess my issue stances and make sure I am where I think am.