Monday, January 07, 2008

First nights at a new place

Scrubs first night at my house went well. He slept on a bed I made him with some of our quilts. I made sure to place the bed on my side so I could keep an eye on him. He did wake up at 3:45 to go outside. Honestly, I don't think he really had to use the bathroom. I believe he may have heard something and was just being nosey. After I let him outside we moved to another bedroom to make sure we did not wake Cliff. Around 6:30 Scrubs was wide awake and ready to go! I let him out again and started packing to take a walk with Tiffany and Sarah. They are the other interns wives that live on base. I met them at 8:30 and we were on our way. It was a beautiful day to go for a walk! I was able to wear shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt. I Love Florida! After our walk I played with Scrubs for a little while and then headed back to my house to finish up some things I did not finish Sunday. It feels so good to be productive!

Tonight is my first night staying at Scrubs house. I know Scrubs feels more comfortable in his own home so I imagine we'll spend our nights here. Since I was staying on base tonight Tiffany and Matt had me over for an excellent mediterranean chicken dish. It was Awesome! Tiffany, Matt and I decided it was a John dish. John is a great cook, as you all know, and if he's impressed with a dish then it's a good dish. He would be impressed with this one! I had a great time chatting with Matt and Tiffany and playing with William. Thanks so much Tiff & Matt! I headed back to 208 to take Scrubs on another walk since he was kenneled for several hours today. I felt bad for leaving him, but Wendi said I could do it. If his Mom says it's OK then I guess it's OK. We'll play extra hard tomorrow!

I'll chat with y'all tomorrow!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a note that you really shouldnt but addresses up on blogs... they are accessible by *anyone*

yuan family said...

You are a great guest blogger...Wendi would be proud! We met Wendi and John at Mayo and we are still here...

Anonymous said...

Jodi: I was the same way when Scrubs was here-I hated putting him in his kennel but there were times it was best for both of us!!!
It sounds like you are all having fun and eating well too!
I hope YOU sleep well tonight!
Lady Di

Anonymous said...

Thanks anonymous for the address update. I did not think about that all. I guess it shows I'm a beginner blogger.

Thanks Yuan family!

Lady Di - I slept great! I think Scrubs slept a little better in his comfortable chair than at my house. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that kennels him too.

Jodi

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jodi! You;re doing a GREAT job keeping us updated on the adventures of Scrubs!
Lady Di, back on Jan. 2 when Wendi was wishing John was home, some of us requested an entry from you. Could you write a little something
for us and answer our posted questions? Thanks!!!
Jodi, keep up the good work!
Jan (but not Tante)

Anonymous said...

O Jan you are so sweet! I am not a great writer. I talked a little bit about it to Wen before she left and I told her I would put some thoughts together and maybe she would post it when she comes here next week. I don't know how to get into her blog to do an entry anyway. That makes me a little nervous but I will try. Thank you for your intrest tho. Lady Di

Anonymous said...

Anon says thanks for saying thanks! :)

I enjoy hearing about Scrubs' latest adventures :)