Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Defrosting Polar North enters Fourth Year!

Well, this blog got started in 2005. Today it is 2008. There are now four years on my blog archive. Pretty cool!

Last night we ushered in the New Year by going over to Matt and Tiffany's house. Jodi and Joia also joined us. Both of their husbands were on call -- kind of a bummer for New Years Eve! My husband is on call today -- New Year's Day. Also kind of a bummer. I'm sure Joia will post a few photos on her blog sometime today at which point I will steal them from her blog and put them on my blog.

We had a fun night of appetizers and movies including Hitch and Catch me if You Can. I "sort of" made it until 11pm when we watched the ball drop in New York City. (Rumor has it I dozed quite a bit prior to being woken up for New Years Eve.) And I must admit that I was asleep by the time the "ball dropped" in the central time zone. I am so not a night person! Oh well.

Life continues to move at a hectic pace as we get ready for our cruise. I should update you all a bit on that adventure. We are leaving here on Sunday morning, bright and early, for New Orleans (a three hour drive). Our Norwegian cruise line ship "Spirit" leaves at 6:30pm on Sunday so we hope to get there in plenty of time to tour New Orleans a bit and have a nice authentic New Orleans lunch. I have been to "The Big Easy" many times as we played there in college. However, JB has never been so we want to have time to tour.




The picture above shows the trip we are taking which includes stops in Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and Belize. It should be a wonderful, week long adventure. We return the following Sunday and will head immediately back to Eglin AFB to relieve Jodi of our puppy and to get me ready for my trip the next to South Florida. No time to spare!

That being said, my blog will be shutting down for a week or so while I am gone unless I get some volunteers to guest blog. Please let me know if you are interested by posting a comment. I'd love to have some guests drop in while I am gone but don't want to put any pressure on people. For that reason, I won't ask people directly as I have done in the past, but I will gladly except volunteers. Anyone?!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your dad should be a guest blogger! :)
Tante Jan

Rachel and Hans said...

i think jodi should be a guest blogger and update us on how the pup is doing without his favorite wendi! :-)

AW said...

ACK!!! A whole week with no Wendi???

*groan*

*sigh*

*pout*

That is just so wrong. ;-)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

You are sweet my monkey friend!

As for the other two nominations, I second them. Georgi, Jodi, are you up for the challenge?

Anonymous said...

I'll be happy to update your blog about scrubbers! Just add it to the list of things to go over Wendi. Who knows, it may make me start my own blog.

Jodi

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh cool Jodi! That will be a lot of fun!!!! And I'll be able to see how much he caused you to pull your hair out while I was gone when I get back and thus determine how much I need to shower you with gifts and appreciation!