Saturday, March 24, 2007

Tomorrow it is!

In case you didn't know ... we leave tomorrow!

Last night JB and I went out to dinner with the Dave & Lesley. We have been saying we wanted to take them out to celebrate their Mayo Match and also just to get to hang out a bit. They actually leave for Bangladesh for their own mission trip in about two weeks and will not be back until right before graduation. We really don't have much time left with them! We took them to one of our favorite restaurants: Broadstreet Cafe. Afterwards, we came back to the condo to watch some basketball. By 10:00 I had fallen asleep in the chair so I headed to bed. When JB came to bed after 11, I mumbled a question to ascertain whether any of the underdogs had won. (I always cheer for the underdog!) They hadn't, so I felt satisfied with my decision to sign out early. I also felt happy because once again, I slept without any Ambien! Hurrah!

JB and I were both up bright and early this morning. Our bodies were tired but our minds knew how much we had to get done. We have spent the last five hours packing and cleaning the house. Someone else is coming to see the condo today. We still have some things that need to be done prior to our departure tomorrow, but we both feel much better now that our list is considerably shorter.

I am also amazed at how well we packed. We got all of our stuff for six weeks into two suitcases (one for clothes and a smaller one for shoes and toiletries.) We then each have to bring a box of medical supplies as our other piece of luggage. John is also carrying on a handheld sonogram machine that someone from Mayo donated to the Clinic in Nigeria. This is something everyone is excited about! However, it eliminates a carry on for JB so we have to share a carry on. Anyways, we had to pack light, and I think we have pulled it off.

Unless the people that come see our condo today put an offer down, the condo sale/rent will probably wait until we get back. We are okay going either way with the property since we don't have any mortgage or rent in Florida for three years, and we are okay with waiting until we get back to see where the Lord leads us and our potential buyer/renter. We are in no hurry and so, patient we will be.

This evening, Lesley is throwing a "Team Nigeria" going away party for the four of us (and Kelsey who is getting ready for the departure via Colorado.) We will then pack up a van (courtesy of Melissa's mom! How awesome are our friends?) around 3:00 tomorrow. Lesley will drive us down to the airport where we will meet Kelsey, and at 9:25 we board our plane for the Netherlands.

I am very excited and very nervous all rolled into one. My teeth are doing much better, and I am feeling very rested which is good. It will be an adventure, and one I can't wait to share with you all.

I will post one more time before our departure tomorrow. See you then!