Saturday, March 10, 2007

Reality TV update for Ebby

So Ebby keeps complaining, (quite vehemently might I add), about how poor my reality TV updates have been this season. Quite honestly, this has been because I really haven't been as up-to-date as I would like. Betweeen sleep issues and our busy schedule ... I just haven't been as on-the-ball. I watch the shows but often have to tape them and watch them a few days later. For instance JB and I finally watched Thursday's episode of Surivor this afternoon.

While some of our busy schedule is work and non-pleasure activities. There's been plenty of pleasure activities as well. Last night, for instance, we had a FANTASTIC Nigerian meal at Tunde & Deolas. (What an AMAZING cook she is!) Their little girl, Bisola, is so adorable, and we enjoyed reconnecting with them. Tunde is in Brandon's class, and they are from Palm Beach Florida. In fact, Deola used to work as an egineer for FPL! Pretty small world, huh? They both grew up in Nigeria but actually met each other at FSU.

All right, where was I? Reality TV. Right.

Okay, to please Ebby, here is a quick "Reality TV" update, Wendi style.

American Idol

Quite honestly, I don't really have a clear cut favorite this year. I have some very not-favorites (including the infamous Sanjaya who seems very sweet but really needs to go home before it gets even more painful to watch him survive) and Haley Scarnato, who is another one who just isn't goo enough to still be in this evening. (This coming fro me -- world's best singer. Ha!) However, out of the 12 that are left, I have 5 that I really like. They are (in no particular order):



(Top left to right): Blake Lewis, Chris Sligh, Gina Glocksen; (Front left to right): Melinda Dolittle, and Lakisha Jones.

Quite honestly, I think the winner will be one of the two black women. They are amazing and very, very good. I like Blake Lewis because he is very unique. He does this beat-boxing (am I saying that right?) thing. Chris Sligh is just a funny down-to-earth guy, and Gina is JB's favorite girl this season -- just a hip rocker. So we'll see. I'm not sure what to do when we go to Nigeria. Anyone volunteer to take six weeks worth of American Idol? Woah.

Survivor

Well, it always takes me awhile each season to get into the Survivor. Anytime there is a season where one team is getting their butts whipped, I have an ever harder time because it is painful to watch. This season one time is living in luxury while the other team lives with nothing. The team with nothing is also getting beat each and every challenge. However, next week promises to pick up with a tribe "mix-up" so we'll see if this livens things up. I think my mom is going to tape this for me while I am gone. So I have this one covered.

Amazing Race

This season is the All Stars and the odds-on favorite are Rob and Amber. These were the two who met and fell in love on Survivor All Stars and then finished second in an earlier season of Amazing Race. Despite how cocky Rob is, I really enjoy them. Apparently he is currently hosting a segment on the CBS early show entitled Rob to the Rescue. Not sure what this is about. Either way, they are probably going to make it pretty far. I call Uchenna and Joyce (who beat Rob and Amber last time they competed) as their bigger competition, but other than that. No one is close. I need someone to volunteer for this taping as well. I can't give my mom too much to do? Anyone.

So I guess it is fairly pitiful that I want to have three different shows taped while I am gone. I am really not a TV junky, and quite honestly, Survivor is the only one I don't want to miss. I'll be sad about the others, but I really don't know when I would be able to watch them when I get back we'll be so busy. Either way, if you want to volunteer to be my Amazing Race or American Idol taper, I'd greatly appreciate it. You must vow to be diligent and forget on a very limited basis. Okay, off to help Kristen coach her volleyball team at the Volleyball Center. I'm not even taking a coat!!!! Yay!!!

3 comments:

TAV said...

What about Chris Richardson? He's a cutie :)

Ray said...

Wen, I'll take care of your shows. Tivo Rocks!!!!

yuan family said...

I can also tape Amazing Race if you want. So much for Ron and Amber...did you watch the show tonight?!? I was thinking they would make it far too since they came in first in the last three segments but I guess not...