Friday, March 02, 2007

A little drugged but rested!

Well before I get onto other topics, take a look at this picture from my favorite courtyard taken this morning.
Now compare that to the one I put on my blog on February 6th! Quite a difference wouldn't you say?

Our snow storm yesterday shut everything down. The news this morning said Rochester got nine inches, but it didn't seem like that much to me. Maybe that's because there was already so much on the ground that nine inches just kind of blended in? I'm not sure, but I wasn't too impressed. While I hate cold, I do love the snow, especially a good snow storm with a clean house and working heat!

Last night, I took my first full Ambien pill. The two nights prior, I have only managed about four hours of sleep per night. I was so exhausted but unable to sleep and very frustrated. I was having trouble concentrating at work and my patience level was very low.

So last night, I took the Ambien. I went to bed at 9:30, woke up one time to use the bathroom, and then didn't wake up again until JB woke me at 6:30 a.m. It was glorious. I literally rolled over and said to John, "You've got to be kidding me." The night went so fast, and while I have felt a little groggy today, that is much better than feeling unbearably sleep deprived. I am so happy to sleep!!!!

Jumping topics again, we are officially going to Nigeria!!! Our Visas came in today. I was a little frustrated that despite requiring a signature, the Fed-Ex package was just sitting outside our door. When a passport costs about $150 and a Visa costs about $100, and you have five of them in a package, that's a lot of money to not get a signature. Oh well. The point is, that was our final step for successfully getting to go to Nigeria. I can't believe we leave in three weeks!!!

Let's jump again, shall we? Why didn't Sanjaya get voted off American Idol last night? What are people thinking?!?! Tara doesn't agree that he is horrible, but seriously ... he is not good.

A final jump ... today, while riding the elevator to go home for the day, there was a mother and her three year old daughter on the elevator with me. The little girl kept saying, "We are going to the library! We are going to the lib-ary!" Then they got off on one of the family medicine floors. I couldn't help but wonder if the mother just flat out lied to the little girl. They weren't anywhere near the library. They were at the doctor!!! Poor little girl. She had no idea what she was in for.

All right, so I hope you didn't mind the randomness of today's post. Need to do some RLS work now!

2 comments:

AW said...

SOO glad the Ambien is working. I just knew it would! So few people understand the effects all the fertility drugs do to a system...sleep deprivation being one of the worst to deal with. With all the stress of TTC, good deep sleep is a dire need that most cannot get. I'm so relieved for you!

Anonymous said...

I think Simon hit the nail on the head when he said Sanjaya sounded/looked like he was in a high school musical. It's obvious to me that he has the "young" girls votes, which is a huge part of American Idol's audiance.
Linda