Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Insanity

Things are completely insane! Sorry for the lack-o-blogging, but I am currently a teensy bit overwhelmed. We leave on Sunday. Tonight we have dinner with Dr. Fischer, who used to be a missionary at this clinic in Nigeria. Friday night we are going out to dinner with the Jones, and Saturday the Jones' are throwing us a "Team Nigeria" party. Lesley asked if we could all get-together before we left. She didn't tell me it would be a party! We also have a bunch of things to buy and packing to do. Someone else wants to see our condo this weekend. I need to pick up my new glasses. I need to drop off keys for our house sitters. We have to pay some bills and get some other incidentals finalized.

Breathe Wendi breathe.

And ...

I am still, having some dental issues. I went back to the dentist again today. (I know! For real! Everyone make a sad face with me!) She said that I am hitting very hard on that tooth which is causing me the pain. The good news is she doesn't suspect any nerve issues (like needing a root canal) because the pain is not keeping me up at night, just bothering me during the day. She also thinks my body will adjust eventually to the changes. Let's hope so! I may have to go back on Friday. I've been emailing my buddy Rachel (who is tan in Mexico right now) for her advice. Rachel thinks that I just have to wait this out. So I wait ... and wait some more. If I were not going to Nigeria, I would not worry. I'd just wait it out. But fearing waiting it out in a foreign country makes me a tad nervous.

JB and I are also a bit tired because he set the alarm for 3:00 this morning!!! Actually, he set the alarm for 6:00 a.m. but somehow changed the time three hours ahead. So at 3, the alarm went off. I thought it strange that I hadn't been up at all during the night. I usually wake up at least one time. John, as usual, got out of bed first, and a few minutes later he climbed back into bed mumbling something like, "Wendi you are going to kill me." I was actually a good sport about it. In return, he didn't complain when I tossed and turned myself back to sleep!

Two more days of work folks. I can't believe it is almost here!

2 comments:

Amy T. S. said...

Sunday?!? How did this trip sneak up so fast?

My good friend goes to Kenya every summer on mission trips and has been so completely blessed by the experiences.

Not only that, but she has sold several photographs that she took there, and they will make you cry they're so beautiful.

Have a wonderful trip!

AW said...

Wow - time is flying! But I am so excited for you. I know that God has amazing blessings in store for you. And I love seeing your faith in words. It strengthens me and encourages me. :-)