Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Polar North goes to Africa


Well, this will be the last post here in the Polar North for a little while. There are no more sleeps to go! We leave TODAY for Nigeria.

If that news isn't amazing enough, we sold our condo ... yesterday. Can you cut that any closer? There were two people supposed to come by yesterday, but early that morning, once called and cancelled. Oh well. So that left one couple and one day to see if we could sell this place.

This nice couple came by at 11:00 looking for an investment property. At 1:00 I went for a walk with Rachel, and when I came home an hour later, JB had a purchase agreement up on the computer screen. I quickly called his phone, and he answered with, "We sold the condo!" I had told my husband I wanted nothing to do with the condo because it was stressing me out so when the couple made an offer just shy of our asking price and JB couldn't get a hold of me, he went to confer with Dave and decided to agree. By 3:00 we had signed a purchase agreement. Of course, there are a lot of steps to selling a place. The rest of these will be worked out when we get back from Africa as they are not in a big hurry.

I would tell you that I am nervous that one of the other steps in the selling process might make the buyer change their minds, but I think the Lord convinced me yesterday to trust Him! I sat and worried about this condo over and over again during the last few weeks. Then I found, after we sold it yesterday, I was sitting there worrying about all NEW things. As I prayed about this I realized that worry is such a bother! And especially worry about situations you can't control. We prayed that we would tie up the condo before we left for Africa, and we tied it up, of all days, yesterday! We prayed we would get a certain price, and we go that! So I am done with worry from here on out. Geesh, I think I'll just trust God, and be done with that.

Last night Lesley threw a going away party for "Team Nigeria". It was a great time of fellowship, praying, eating, and comforting Nicole who wants to go with us so badly. She brought all sorts of little toys for us to bring to the kids in the orphanage, and Ajit promised us he could fit them in his suitcase. We didn't take many pictures, but I did steal these two from Tara's blog. Thanks Tara. Thanks also to Rachel who gave us little goody bags for the road.

We have a lot to do today before our 3:00 departure from Rochester. I need to get to it. As I have said before, I really feel the need to cut myself off from technology a bit during the next six weeks and just submerse myself in where I am going. However, between Tara and I, we hope to put a blog up here and there. So please check in on our blogs.

Thank you for your prayers, excitement, and love. Remember to check in on us at this blog and on Tara's blog by clicking on her name on the right. Oh, and can you get a better picture to see everyday when you stop in then the one of Ron and Ebby on the top?!
See you in May!

2 comments:

AW said...

I am and will continue praying for a shower of closeness to His work!

Andi

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendi! It's a blast from your past...Katie (Wulf) Capps. Stumbled upon your BLOG after some other "has-beens" told me about it. I didn't see an email address anywhere. When you are back in the Polar North, you will have to email me at ktcapps@ku.edu so that we can catch up. Safe Travels!