Monday, March 05, 2007

It only took 4 years to get me on skis

Well folks, Blogger is driving me crazy! I've posted these pictures three stinkin' times. So here goes another try. Let's see if this works.

After church today, Ajit (who has returned from a four month hiatus in Arizona), Dave and Lesley, Tara, Nicole, and one of our classmate's daughter, Anika (not sure if I spelled that correctly), headed out to Quarry Hill. We were planning on snow shoe-ing, however, once we got there we realized they also had equipment for cross-country skiing. So we did both!

I cannot believe it took four years for me to participate in these activities. Rachel, you were right. They were great fun! Personally, I think I preferred the cross-country event. I went, in a matter of two hours, from a very horrible cross-country skier to a slightly better than horrible participant.

Both activities are great exercise! So here are my photos. If I can, I am going to load a video of our day below this post. I think the video may be what was messing up my posting abilities.

Ajit and Dave getting ready to snow shoe and ski .


Lesley, Nicole, and Tara preparing for our adventure.


JB and Wendi who decides at the last minute to give the skiing a try. After some shakiness, I actually only had a "real" fall, one time. I am proud of that. JB was more adventurous so his many fallings probably equal my "go real slow and still fall once" adventure.


Nicole trying to help Anika and proof that Wendi got on skis (that's me on the left)


Post-skiing, JB and I decided to try out the snow shoes. Here is Nicole trying to help JB get his snow shoes on.


Snow shoeing was not as fun but it was definitely easier. The idea is that you sort of "float" on the snow. Here I am sitting a top about two feet of snow.


Here is JB on a river! Yes, this is actually a river covered with ice and then snow.


JB was just telling Dave that he needed to walk on a frozen lake before he left Minnesota. Here is proof that he did it. I, on the other hand, saw some running water in a corner and chickened out. Falling into icy water is not something I want to do before I leave Minnesota.


A far away picture of JB on the ice.


Ajit told us he was a poor skier. I think this photo (above) and the one below are probably proof of that.


Our gang (minus Nicole) after a very fun and exhausting afternoon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaay Wendi! That was SO much fun! Thanks for letting Anni and I tag along. And thanks for the great photos!

Anonymous said...

oh you guys looked like you had so much fun! i'm glad! i like skiing better - i'm glad you got to do both.