Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Ready to launch

 



Preparing for a wedding in December has been quite a challenge. So many things to get together and piece together and prepare. But we are ready. We do have half of our kiddos that have a fever as we speak. We aren't even bothering to figure out why. We've got to go. And we've got to go tomorrow morning.

I am trying to get my brain to realize that life will just BE crazy, and that IS life. And life is lived in-between the bouts of crazy and even during the bouts of crazy. And that's just how it is. If you wait for life to slow down, you'll never actually come to any moment where it DOES completely. Maybe less children. Maybe less friends. Maybe less activities. But in the end, those things are actually a big part of what makes life what life is.

I cannot believe I am 46. I cannot believe all the things I wanted to get done that I haven't. I keep thinking there is more time, and yet the time eeeks by so quickly. I don't watch TV anymore. I rarely watch movies. I feel like there is so little time, and I don't want to fill it with those things. I want to fill it with peace and people. And yet, I find I get frustrated and annoyed by those same people that are also filling my tank.

I thought by this age, I'd have everything figured out. But in some ways, I feel even less knowledgeable than I was when I was 25. I think teenagers do that to you. They make you think you are absolutely losing your mind. 

Anyways, I have dreams of writing a book. Of keeping up on the Blog better than I have of late. I find there is so little to actually talk about

If I talked about things, I would share that Jacob is back in our neck of the woods. That my parents have been in town, and we've been enjoying them. That I still love to play the game Wingpsan neither everyday. That I am so excited about this wedding and seeing Kelsey getting a "third chance" at life with a partner. That running an AirB&B sounds exciting, but it is a lot of work. That nothing is "easy money." Gabe had knee surgery today. I can't wait to spend time with my family in Denver. My sister-in-law Danielle and family are coming into town right after we get back and I love them a lot. That I have so many friends' whose marriages are on the brink of despair, and I don't want them to fall apart. That my husband gave me a beautiful ring, and while parenting and marriage are hard, I am so thankful to have him as a partner. I truly wish that I was a better partner to HIM. 

And my kids. How long I dreamed about them. And here they are. Oh, and my friend Carrie and Joe ... they officially adopted their twins today. That was REALLY cool.

No comments: