Friday, December 15, 2023

The Wedding

Preparing for this wedding has been .... a challenge.

As good bridesmaids, all of us gals decided NOT to tell Kelsey when the dresses arrived and we didn't like them. In fact, we didn't even tell each other in the beginning. 

To be fair, I don't know these bridesmaids personally. They all live in Denver and know each other, but I am the odd-man-out here in TN -- although I do feel like I "know" her matron-of-honor, Jill, just through the years and time. 

Not only did we not like them, they just weren't fitting us correctly. The flower girl/junior bridesmaids dresses were doing the same. Grrrrrrr .....

It wasn't until just a few weeks ago that Kelsey realized all the problems with the dresses. She decided (courageously!) to go back to the drawing board just weeks before the wedding.

As of yesterday, my NEW dress still hadn't arrived in the mail, and I was getting nervous. Anni had already scrapped the alterations she was feverishly trying to manage on the previous dress and was feverishly working on the girls' dresses -- which everyone was trying to make the best of.

Then, I find out Anni has COVID. She can finish the girls dresses amidst her illness but she doesn't think she'll have it in her to work on my NEW dress (should it arrive.)

Today, I returned from my night away with JB to my dress and ......

SWEET 

CHRISTMAS

MIRACLE


It fit. It needed NO alterations. I don't LOVE it (as I am not a fan of empire waists when you already have such long legs) but this girly isn't complaining AT ALL. It actually looks okay. And the nude pumps I ordered fit too! 

PRAISE

JESUS

Anni set the girls dresses outside her house in a bag with Clorox wipes draped all around it. We are going to leave them sit for 48-hours praying no COVID is on them. Then we will try them on and PRAY they fit!

The boys clothes are mostly ready ....



We leave early Wednesday morning for Denver. 

Kelsey's wedding HERE WE COME!

 

No comments: