Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Turkish food!













Today I took a half-day field trip with my Mom, my Aunt Jan, and her daughter Cara. Cara lives in Knoxville, so we drove to Knoxville (about an hour away), had tea at Cara's house, and then went to have lunch at a little Turkish restaurant: Turkish Market & Deli. I quickly asked the lady there if she spoke Turkish and it was immediately evident that she and her husband did! The food was delicious, and they had a little store in the back that I could get Turkish pizza and Manti to make at home. What fun! He had even been stationed near the Base and had hosted an Incirlik reunion (as you can see in the one photo I took.)

I am feeling a bit under the weather so going pushed me a bit, but I am SO glad I did. It was lovely. Now, my parents are taking the three oldest to youth group, my Pomegranate is being brought home by Aunt Hannah at some point, and I am sitting in my house just by myself.

It is an incredibly rare day that I am sitting in a completely silent house. Noise never bothered me, but lately, I crave quiet and time without questions. I know I will miss my children terribly as they grow, so I don't wish it away. And yet, I do love the break from the chaos of life. 

No comments: