Thursday, March 31, 2022

Moving a car to TN from Portland: Day 1





It’s quite exciting! John and Abigail and Sidge are taking a cross-country trip together. John’s sister, Katie, and her husband, Eddie, and their new baby boy (Rusty) are moving to TN in just a few weeks. They have purchased a property that borders our farm at the top of the ridge, and we are so excited to have them join our community here. 

However, Eddie and Katie needed someone to drive one of their vehicles out here. After a lot of discussion, we decided that John would take the two birders. I would stay here with the two non-birders. (The car wasn’t big enough for all of us to go, and to be honest, staying home with my other two sounded very appealing.)

I am in awe of what an amazing day I’ve had here with just two kids — in particular Isaac and Hannah, who, for whatever reason, never fight with each other. 

I’ll be posting more pictures. Later, when they get back, I’ll have them help me label the photos. But these bird pictures were all taken by someone 13 or under!

Golden-Crowned Sparrow (Sidge)

Wood Duck (Abigail)

Stellar's Jay (Sidge)

Anna's Hummingbird (Abigail)

Chestnut-Backed Chickadee (Sidge)

California Scrub-Jay (Abigail)



















No comments: