Monday, September 20, 2021

a Facebook note from JB


Over the last few weeks, we have had days where we are exceedingly busy and understaffed in the emergency department here in Greeneville, Tennessee. 

 But it is in times of adversity that a person’s character is highlighted. 

 Eric Carroll, our hospital’s CEO (chief executive officer) has been in the ER multiple times, for hours at a time, transporting patients, cleaning rooms, taking out the trash, and answering phones. 

 Daniel Lewis, MD, our hospital’s CMO (chief medical officer), has done the same. He’s also worked a morning for me, so that I could spend some extra time with my family, as I’ve been having to pick up shifts to keep the department covered. 

 These men didn’t do this for a photo opportunity. They did this because they understand leadership. They are servant leaders. As we used to say in the military, they lead from the front. I am thankful these men are in our community. 

No comments: