Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Review: For Love of Liberty (It's dedicated to me!!!!!!)

A Match Made in Heaven? Or Someplace a Whole Lot Warmer?
She's stubborn, educated, and looking give women the vote. 
He's bullheaded, successful, and looking to give her a piece of his mind.
But when things heat up, they just may give each other a piece of their hearts.

Okay folks. I've made no small secret about my obsession for all things Julie Lessman. She is, without a doubt, my favorite Christian fiction writer after Francine Rivers. Truly. She's that good. I just loveeeee her.

I had the opportunity to review her most recent book: For Love of Liberty which is actually a prequel novella that she was writing for her new Western historical series entitled Silver Lining Ranch. Well, it was supposed to be a novella, and it ended up becoming more of a short novel, and I just finished reading it on my Kindle.

It was, as are all Julie's books full of love, fun, and always a good twist. This is an easy and fun quick read that won't leave you disappointed. But it will leave you excited to read what is coming next. The lead characters are incredibly well-defined and jump off the page at you! You fall in love with both of them and can really feel yourself stuck with them in their uncomfortable plight.

The actual Silver Lining Ranch series will follow this prequel -- 17 years in the future -- and will follow two suffragists from New York, a godmother and her goddaughter, who fall in love with confirmed bachelor ranchers in Virginia City, Nevada in the mid-to-late 1800's.

Now here is the coolest part of the whole thing. The dedication page (which if you click this link, you can actually browse the beginning of the book and actually SEE the dedication) includes MY NAME!!!!!! I honestly was blown away. I simply love Julie's writing and love to read it and edit and it get sneak peeks. And now I've had two characters named after me AND a dedication.

eeeeeeekkkkkkk ....

If yo haven't given Julie a chance, PLEASE DO. You will not be disappointed. And to read all my past points featuring this amazing author, click here. 


No comments: