Friday, November 24, 2017

A BOI thank you


Every single time I look at our boy, I seriously can’t believe he’s ours. OURS!! All those years we were waiting, Caleb was the one we were waiting for. How incredible is that?

When we started our adoption journey, the amount of money we were going to need felt like an insurmountable mountain. Wendi can attest to the fact that I regularly expressed doubt that all of the money would come. How could we ask people to donate $26,000 to us?

I can attest to the fact that every time I doubted, Wendi reminded me that none of this was too big for God. 

There is a worship song called “Do It Again” by Elevation Worship. Without knowing it, my sister-in-law Vanessa and my cousin Stephanie text this song to me within five days of each other, right around when Caleb was born. I had never heard it before, but this part really hit home for me:

“I've seen You move, come move the mountains
And I believe, I'll see You do it again
You made a way, where there was no way
And I believe, I'll see You do it again”

Remember that insurmountable financial mountain? Well, God moved that mountain not once, but twice. The first time when we needed $26,000, and then again when we needed more money so we could switch agencies.  

Time and time again, he made a way where there was no way. And he did it through every single person who faithfully donated to Because of Isaac on our behalf. Words feel so inadequate to express how grateful we are. God used you to help fulfill the desire of our hearts to be parents. Thank you!!

In addition to financial donations, so many people stepped up and blessed us with everything we could possibly need for Caleb from a car seat and stroller to diapers, wipes, clothes, pack n play, toys, and the list goes on. Seriously, we have felt so blessed. 

Our church family fed us for a couple of weeks, which was amazing!! Thank you!!

Our families (as many of them could come out) came out to helped us navigate having newborn, washed bottles, made food and loved on Caleb and us!! 

The wait for Caleb was so incredibly hard. There were more dark days than I can count, and I lost hope at some point. God had a plan though...and it was a perfect plan. Our boy was absolutely, completely, totally worth the wait. We would do it all over again in a heartbeat. 

We want to thank John and Wendi for believing in us and standing by us. We could not have done this without you!

Lastly, thank you Jesus for this precious gift that you knit together in another mother’s womb. For giving her the strength to make the most selfless, sacrificial decision she’s ever made. All glory and praise go to you!!

We love you all!!

Ryan & Briana

No comments: