Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Funnies

Sidge was holding a large coloring page from one of those giant coloring books, rolled up like a scroll. "Do I look like a prophet?" he asked me.

*****

I guess you can tell my boys don't wear buttoned-down shirts very often. While putting one on for church, Sidge asked: "Did these rip and so they put buttons on them so they would still be able to be worn?"

*****

Abigail asked Sidge to play with her. He replied, "I'm sorry. I can't. I have a plan." I asked him what his plan was, "Well, first I am going to eat an applesauce. And then I'm going to do legos. No time for playing with Abigail."

*****

I took the girls to Chipotle during the boys lego class the other day. I asked Abigail what she wanted: a cheese quesadilla or a make-your-own-quesadilla. Abigail insisted that she did not want the cheese quesadilla. She's a very adventrous eater so this didn't surprise me. "Are you sure you want to have the chicken and rice too?" I asked her. She nodded vehemently in the affirmative.

So imagine my frustration when we got back to the table and I started to help her make-her-own-quesadilla. I asked her what she wanted on it. "Just cheese," she said. I started to explain that that's what a cheese quesadilla is, but just gave it up.

*****

The kids have been very into the "Zippidy-Doo-Da" song recently. Sidge told me the other day that he wanted to go play legos. "First," he said, "I'm going to walk up the stairs and sing Zippidy-Doo-Da and then I will play legos. That is what is on my schedule."

*****

Abigail told me she doesn't like when Scrubs give her kisses. "I don't willy wike puppy kisses because they are willy wet," she said.

*****

The other day I got into a discussion with the kids about the triathlon race I was going to participate in in May.
Sidge: "You are going to be in a race?
Me: "Yep."
Sidge: "You are going to run?"
Me: "I'm going to run and swim and bike."
Sidge: "So will they pause your time?"
Me: "No. I have to swim, get out of the water super fast, put on my shoes and socks, get on my bike, ride, and then get off my bike and start running."
Sidge: "Wow. I hope you win."
Me: "Well I won't win. That's not why I am doing it. I'm just doing it to have fun."
Sidge: "Why won't you win?"
Me: "There are very experienced racers doing this. So my goal is to just participate."
Sidge: "Okay, well I really hope you don't finish very last."
Me: "Yeah, me either."


1 comment:

swisherhouse said...

What fun your kiddos are! I love the way Sidge is very focused on his schedule, and I cannot wait to see how Hannah will fit into this little quartet of personalities!