Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Funnies

I was clipping Sidge's fingernails in the bathroom. Trying to keep them in the sink, I asked him to put his foot up on the sink so I could clip his toenails.
Sidge: "Mom, this is not comfortable."
Me: "I know, but you can do it."
Sidge: "It's hard."
Me: "I know, but I want to keep the nails in the sink."
Sidge: "Can you do this?"
Me: "Do what?"
Sidge: "Put your foot up on the sink?"
Me: "I bet I can."
Sidge: "When did you do it? Today?"
Me: "Well, not today, but I've done it."
Sidge: "Could you do it now so I can see you do it?"
Me: "No."

*****

Sidge LOVES to listen to stories about his Daddy when he was a kid. And Grama is great at telling them. He is always asking her to tell a story about Daddy when he was little. One night at dinner, Grama randomly said, "I remember your Daddy doing that when he was little."

Sidge's immediate response was, "Wait Grama. Stop. Could you go back and start at the beginning of the day and tell me everything you remember about Daddy on that day?"

*****

Abigail: "I don't want anymore of my candycorn."
Me: "Why? Do you not like it?"
Abigail: "It's too healthy."

*****

Phrases Abigail is now using:

"Never mind."
"Can someone help me here?"
"You've got to be kidding me."

*****

And here is a fun video of Hannah that should make you smile:

No comments: