Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Today was . . .

. . . a beautiful day on the island.

I have felt considerably better the last few days and once again find myself hoping, praying, (begging?), that at 18.5 weeks I am finally coming out of the nausea that has been so difficult for me this pregnancy.

As with everything in life I pray that as we go through difficult journeys, we can ask the Lord What can I learn from this? instead of Why are you doing this? This is such an important point to remember. It is so easy to say but so difficult to do.

In the end, what we need is just Jesus. We think the answer lies in so many other things, but when it all boils down, He should be all we need.

I think about that this weekend with the details of the Boston bombing emerging. Families losing loved ones or having their lives completely turned on its axis. Forget nausea! How do you cope with the loss of a child or someone else very dear in your life.

Jesus. Truly. He has to be what everything else revolves around all the time.

No comments: